Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What tractor is better?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Transboer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good day. I need some help. Wich of the following tractors is best? I am asking on behalf of somebody else. John Deere 7700/7800 or Case 7110 or NH 8670.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one that has had the best care and hasn't been constantly overloaded.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd say all are about equal.The JD MAY have more resale value...The F/NH will probably use (significant)less fuel.Dont know much about the C/IH,I've heard good reports.The 'best',closest dealer is a major factor.

Transboer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am from South Africa and the John Deeres are more common. If it was my money, I would have got a Landini

Kevin B from Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 7140 IHcase and just think its the best there and the family of Magnums resale value is impecable I would go with the 7110 IH.

Deere Scotty
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case - IH 7110 in my book.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the only area the jd beats the Magnum is hydraulics, look them both over then crawl underneath and see jd's steel frame vs' Case's cast transmission/diff housing and decide for your self which one is built better, they aren't even in the same class, the Magnum is built for heavy farm work, the 7800 is a planting, haying cattle feeding tractor

jdeere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The John Deere is always better. Better reliability and if needed a much better dealer network.

JimIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Genisis New Holland tractors have been a time proven tractor. I know of several that are running with over 15K hours and the engine and transmission have not been touched. Good comfortable cab, flip up hood, great tractors. The Magnums are nice too and have been a time proven design as well and limitied computer operation as well.

I grew up being looked down on by the green tractor owners for not owning green like them, therefore I will never own a newer green tractor. But thats my opinion, dont let that affect your decision.

Jim

dhermesc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As I learned the VERY HARD WAY, just because they are a John Deere dealer doesn't mean they know how to work on John Deeres.

Stuart
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our Magnum with 3000 hrs on it just came back from the shop with a $9000 transmission repair bill. JDs have a better cab, better electronics, better ride. Compare a magnum with an 8000 series Deere. Your comparing apples to oranges.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: What tractor is better? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have those green snobs around there to? They make me want to puke. Most of them have never ran anything else and don't know any differen't. They think any 100hp tractor is supposed to burn 8gpa even though about every brand took half that or less. The two cylinder owners really get me. How could anyone like those obsolete, noisy 2 bangers? Like a friend said, "You have to give jd credit, they were making antique tractors 25 years before anybody else!"

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters