Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1170. Tighten up the shifter box. Shloppy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastline
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: 1170. Tighten up the shifter box. Shloppy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As it turns out, everything shifts just fine in this old girl. The main issue is the 1/2 plate needs alignment, it is way off. Other than that, it will shift just fine. However, as probably typical of the vintage, all the plates and shafts are very worn so the shift lever will easily shoot between the plates. I really need that area tight. My issue is mainly how to get that mess out???? I want the whole mess laying on my bench so I can machine a few things and make it right. That looks rather challenging....

I was also curious if there can be any improvement on detents? That would sure help know where its at. I can feel detents but not super firm.

Also, I wanted to ask maybe a dumb question but I do notice that when trying to engage a tall gear at lower rpm, it does get quite a bit of head shake as it takes off. I am not sure what to think about that but never had one do it this bad.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1170. Tighten up the shifter box. Shloppy Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep your heel on the floor of the cab when letting the clutch out. Foot in midair if not familiar with tractor will only agravate the jumping.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters