Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1963 930

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I drove this 930 back in the summer of 73 working for a neighbour. The summerfallow had got out of control and heavy weed growth was hanging on every shank. Made the old 930 work sometimes on that 22 foot Cockshutt cultivator but eventually had the field looking black. Great tractor. Wish I had bought it when I had the chance.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pic. Should have been on Case lit at the time.
Loren

SDLars
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful photo and great tractor. Thanks for posting.

Ronald in NWMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice picture. You can see a long way off in the distance. Do you know where the tractor is today?

rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ronald in NWMO wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:05:58 04/15/13) Nice picture. You can see a long way off in the distance. Do you know where the tractor is today?

Another neighbour bought it at the auction sale about eleven years ago. Its not far away. It was a six speed with the foot clutch. Had about the tightest spring of any clutch I have ever driven. Would have been pretty hard on the knee joint if a person had to do much clutching. Another neighbour had the same tractor except with the hand clutch. He dualed it up with 18.4x34s. I think he had an axle break after that.

caseman-d
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Always heard them foot clutches were stiffer than heck. Never have run a foot clutch. I have a 61 and 63? and both have hand clutches.
caseman-d

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice picture. Would that be North Dakota?
The 2 tone Case color combination is so neat and the styling is nice, but I still like the older "long nose" 930s better.

rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

55 50 Ron wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:00:16 04/16/13) Nice picture. Would that be North Dakota?
The 2 tone Case color combination is so neat and the styling is nice, but I still like the older "long nose" 930s better.

No, right here in S.E. Sask. My favourite 930 is still the last of the line, the 8 speed western specials like this 69 that I had for a few years. (and still wish I had). The only change I would make would be to 38 inch rear rubber so that it sat up a little more level with those 10x16s on the front.

Ronald in NWMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think that tractor would look really mean with some wider tires on it. What is the MF implement you are pulling with it? I don't think we have any of those around here. What is the jug for where the left hand steps should be? Sorry about all my questions. Thanks

rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ronald in NWMO wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:43:28 04/16/13) I think that tractor would look really mean with some wider tires on it. What is the MF implement you are pulling with it? I don't think we have any of those around here. What is the jug for where the left hand steps should be? Sorry about all my questions. Thanks

No , you likely don't see any Massey Ferguson diskers that far south. They are mostly all retired now but in 81 when I took that picture they were very popular . Basically a one way disk with seeding attachment and flexible gangs. Nowadays we have air seeders and drills but the highest yielding wheat I ever grew was planted with this Massey disker.
The tank on the tractor steps is water for the roof mounted cab cooler. It was better than nothing but no replacement for real air conditioning.

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rusty do you remember the brand of cab that was on your 930?

Jim in Sask
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pictures Rusty, the colours are sure vivid in the last one. Seems all we will be doing this spring is looking at pictures of seeding, eh? Friends of mine had a 1963 930 like your top picture except they had the hand clutch. They run it many years until a guy ran into it on the road and busted the rear wheel, axle and all, off.

Those 360 Massey diskers seem to have held their value better than the other three makes. They're very similar in a lot of ways to my green Co-ops that I still use.

rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim in Sask wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:20:43 04/16/13) Nice pictures Rusty, the colours are sure vivid in the last one. Seems all we will be doing this spring is looking at pictures of seeding, eh?.

Jim, you are so right. I still have that 360 Massey but only the top half of the box is visible over the snow it is buried in. They were a great seeding tool and I could still seed with mine if I had to.
That cab I put on the 930 was a "Cozy Cab". Not sure where they were made but they were about the best after market cab you could buy in 1980 . Nice fit, strong and good visibility. Well insulated for noise too. Doors both sides and sliding rear window. Man, I miss that tractor.
Here is the old Case disker that the Massey replaced. As you see it will be a while before I can hitch onto it and hit the fields. Rolling Eyes

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rusty, your post of the "930" only brought back memories of the one we had just like it, she was a tough old workhorse, penny pinching on fuel, she was replaced one day by the "1030" I have now. Thanks for posting this.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 930 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

S. E. Sask lokks pretty much like where I grew up in Towner County ND and it's not that far from SE Sask. Are there lots of those old Cases still around?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters