Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Skeeterz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How many skeeters you got? Around us there are about 52 bazillion per sq. yard. lol This morning I looked don and saw 5 takin a bite out of the back of my hand at once. You can't hardly work and skeeter spray is only a little effective. This is by far the worst I remember.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

aint that bad here in beautiful Harrison co in , but they are worse than normal ,, basturds love to lite on sweat ,, giant horzse flys have a tuf bite too ... where in the world re you jon , ??

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

East Mn. 1/2 way between Minneapolis and Duluth.

Lamont
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You ought to see the skeeters down here in Arkansas. They're so big they have to register with the FAA and have numbers on each side! And we don't dare spray for them. That only seems to help them hone in on their targets and up the octane in their fuel. The numbers are not too bad this year so far, but the sizes of them are awful.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn- got you. HeHe
Loren

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Talk big now Loren, but I'm headin in your general direction and I got a whole box full I'm bringin with. lol

wheat straw
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

your right Lamont. We have two sizes of skeeters here in Ark. The little bittie ones that can come in through the mesh on the screen door then the big one. They just open the door and come right in.

Wheat Straw

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon, here in w.mich. there's a blood shortage!!!hee hee. Them skeeterz are so "full" they can't fly!!!hee hee. Yeah there bad, I was trying to finsh baling one nite them little buggers where bad I lost 5 lbs.!!! hee hee.

BAnNC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I worked in a lumberyard in the NC Mountains, they'd untarp a truckload of wood from SC or South GA. and SKEETERS would come outta there like a busload of tourists at the truckstop. They'd even chase you all the way to the restroom.

Dale in Nw wa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well up here in North east Wa. we have some of the buggers to I got it figured out just dont go out at night and keep the garlic handy. Oh and keep a cross handy as in Count Dracula(LOL) Dale

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Skeeterz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, Jon, you know where we are, and you are always welcome. Hope you have the trailer sealed properly for transport. Maybe you could haul a load of Honey Bees here. Not many around this year.
Loren

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters