Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Prices of LP gas

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Farmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live in Northwest Ohio just paid $ 1.09 a gallon what's the price in your area?

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

July 8 central NY $1.53, 670 gal. delivery

Indiana Ken
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I called two places yesterday for price quotes. The first quoted $1.399 and no summer fill special this year. The second which I have been buying from quoted $1.309 and commented they should have a summer fill price if I call back next week. Last year I paid $1.15 from these guys. The quotes are for customer owned tank and Northern Indiana.

I was thinking the prices would be lower since they has to be a surplus of propane with all the natural gas activity. Interesting times we live in.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anywhere between,$1.99 and $4.00 depending on which crook you call.

Wile E
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you joking?
I have not seen $1.09 in many years.

rabbit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Prebought for $1.539 this month. (central Michigan) Nephew in Nortern Michigan told me his company was quoting $1.899 that same week.

johnlobb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Everyone around here wants $20 to fill a 20 lb tank. Some big outfit bought out the local guy in Stockbridge, MI and they used to charge $10 to fill a 20 lb cyl. Now you might as well go to any big box and trade your tank in, its all $20 for about 3 gal of LP.

504-1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a summer fill price on the table right now $1.45, I think I can get it for a buck, I just need to start calling around.

KIP in MX
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$1.49 a gallon in NE MO. Bought 800 gallons. Last year it was $1.69. Wished I still had the LP setup off my long gone '65 Ford F-100!

Indiana Ken
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

johnlobb wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:38:00 07/27/13) Everyone around here wants $20 to fill a 20 lb tank. Some big outfit bought out the local guy in Stockbridge, MI and they used to charge $10 to fill a 20 lb cyl. Now you might as well go to any big box and trade your tank in, its all $20 for about 3 gal of LP.

Yes, the 20 Lb tanks are an expensive way to buy propane: Propane weights 4.23 lb/gal so a 20 lb tank will hold 4.73 gal (20/4.23). At $20 for a fill, the cost is over $4.00 per gal. I have always wondered if the big box trade tanks are actually filled to the 20 lb level and would suggest weighing the tank to verify what you are paying for. I own my storage tank and have a liquid draw off valve to fill my own small tanks. I paid for the draw off system the first time I filled my tanks.

sammydwm
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we're at 1.19 for over 500 gallons

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I was in the Army at Ft Bragg during the Korean War we bought a mobile home. A truck would come through to fill the propane tanks. Cost was a dollar. By 1962 we were paying $10.00
for the large cylinders. My wife loved that weather down there. Hal

504-1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No your store bought 20# LP tanks are not filled to 20#, the sign on the rack says filled to about 14#-16#(depends on the company) They sell you a LP tank, not 20#. We run into problems all of the time with the new OPD valves, you can only fill them to what ever the valve lets you fill them to. That is why the big boys who use semi-automatic fill stations, only sell the full bottle not 20#.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I go to TSC to have my tanks filled, they charge by the # of gallons they put in your tank. About half price. BTW, you can no longer put 20# in a 20# tank. Lucky to get 18, because of the safety device inside the tank.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Prices of LP gas Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$1.24, north central ND.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters