Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall 200 throttle linkage.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LMack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Farmall 200 throttle linkage. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had to replace my manifold and in the process broke the throttle linkage lever down by the water pump. I have a replacement. It looks like the water pump has to come off to replace
the lever. Is that correct? Also I am not getting enough RPM's at full throttle. I guess that adjustment is in the governor. Is that correct?

Charlie M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 200 throttle linkage. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've found it a lot easier to remove the governor than it its to remove the water pump. Make sure you have a gasket for it as the old one may not get saved. Get your linkage fixed and adjusted correctly then see what you have for RPM's.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 200 throttle linkage. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just back off the bolt that holds the lever to the shaft and the lever can be removed. After replacing the lever you need to set the linkage going to the carb. That clevis will be frozen to the shaft and removing the rod from the engine you will be able to free it so it turns easy. Hard to do with rod attached to the carb. Get an I@T manual for that tractor it has all the settings and lube info timing the engine and so forth it will be handy to have all the settings and oil,coolant adjustments for the tractor

560Dennis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 200 throttle linkage. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good idea to take the governor off , always find something to fix up in there . Broken spring thrust bearing etc.

LMack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 200 throttle linkage. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I was not looking forward to removing the water pump.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters