Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Who can hear the bikes on I-90?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We live about 8 mi. north of I-90. On these quiet August days we can hear the bikes rumbling along for several weeks. Living about 35 mi from SD, tens of thousands come from the east heading west and then a week or so later they are headed east again. Rod.

Jimmie D. Phelps
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live 3 mi into NE (Lorenzo NE)north of CO. on Hwy 19 Bikes here come by my place on to 385 N to Sturgis SD. We don"t get as many as I25 north does as NE has a Helment LAW. Bikers that go to Sturgis don"t like Helments. so they avoid NE as much as possible.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can hear them on Hi 14, 5 miles to the north. The trend has changed over the years. I think just as many go in fancy motor homes with the bikes in trailers now.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod we have thousands stay here in Gillette every year and this year is no different as to I-90 I am about 2 miles North of it and the stream of bikes is hard to believe if you have not seen it here is a shot of Sturgis from our paper to give a idea how it is over there right now
cnt

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Darrel, The trend has changed. 25 yr ago we would pack the kids in the car and drive into Worthington to watch all the bikers pull off the Interstate to fuel up. So many different people and bikes everyone enjoyed it. Now most are on trailers. The entertainment factor is mostly gone. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, I thought you were close to I-90 and that is about as close as it gets. You should open a campground on a few acres for a couple weeks each August. Could call it "Nutty's Place" think of the rent per acre you would receive. A big sign with a couple tractors parked near by, Sounds like fun! Trouble is none of my great ideas ever seem to work out, lol. Rod.

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live in Mitchell,SD and mom and dad live 5miles south of I-90 so we see the bikers go through every year. One year I sold all of my alfalfa to one of the local colonies and they took several semi loads of it down the interstate during bike week, from what the drivers told me apparently the bikers didnt seem to appreciate getting hay dust in the face lol.

mopar66701
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got back last night. Didnt see too awful many bikes as i headed south from sioux falls. I rode there and back thru nebraska once and dont care for that experience again. Its not just the helmet law. Cant explain it. Just didnt care for it. I90 is great tho. Ive always wondered how close i was to many board members along the way. Noticed several case tractors on the trip. One was pushing a burning semi away from the burning haypile that was shoved off along the side of i90. Id say it was a bad day for schmidt bros from sioux falls. Nice 730 w loader crossing over i 90 into town (forget which one) thurs afternoon. The diversity in agriculture practices type and scale along the 850 miles fascinate me. Sorry got off topic. Lots of bikes on trailers. More bikes than bikers. I trailer mine.... As in i pull a trailer! Had most trouble with inconsiderate cagers in kc

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was it this year that you saw a Schmidt farms semi on fire? A couple years ago they burnt up a truck with a load of my hay on it on I-90 somewhere between Mitchell and SF.

mopar66701
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thursday afternoon

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last one they had burn up the driver didn't even know it was on fire until people pulled up beside him honking and waving at him, apparently never bothered to check his mirrors because it was fully engulfed in flames by the time people got his attention, they managed to dolly the trailer down and save the truck that time.

mopar66701
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No such luck this time. They must be big time huh? That country amazes me up there. Winter weather up there might change my mind. I bet its mean

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The entertainment was there when I was trucking. Lots of the gals on the back would pull up their tops when they went past me. Some great views!!

Dale in Nw wa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I grew up in that God forsaken town Mom and dad moved away in 68 I havn't been back untill year of 2000. I think the same junk was in the same places as when I left. I had to move from there to find out it is a popular town Dale Hubbard

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Who can hear the bikes on I-90? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They buy and sell alot of hay to feed yards and dairies in MN and IA. As for the winters it depends on the year some years can be a real PIA but other years I think you guys get more snow down in KS get more than we do.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters