Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

cam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
actionpack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

49 case vac with a 124 cid engine , would anybody happen to know what cam belongs in this motor

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a cam from a 47 VAC, you could have it for the cost of postage.
Zach

actionpack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I may have 1 , I would like to keep that offer open , but for now I need to find out what vt number the cam is , so I can see if I have it , thanks , if I don't have the right 1 , I will need to take you up on that , my problem is I had 2 cams and I may have installed the wrong cam , the engine is only fireing on number 2 and 3 cyl , on 1 and 4 , I have spark and fuel and compression to them cyl , but its either fireing early or late , any thoughs out there , or do I have the dist off a few teeth

actionpack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

49 case vac w 124cid engine, , need to find out the vt number for the cam , my problem is I had 2 cams and I may have installed the wrong cam , the engine is only running on number 2 and 3 cyl , on 1 and 4 I have spark , fuel and compression to them cyl , when I pull plug wires when running , number 1 and 4 makes no change to the engine and plugs are wet , its either fireing early or late , on 2 and 3 cyl the engine limps when I pull them wires , the engine starts easy and runs good , you would almost think its running on all 4 cyl , the old fly wheel is rusted and I can't find any signs of a timming mark , any thoughs out there , or do I have the dist off a few teeth[/quote], please can anybody help me , thanks in advance

Last edited by actionpack on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:04 am; edited 2 times in total
1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are 4-5 different cams used in the VA series with VT and G part numbers. Sounds like a distributor or wire problem to me. That is the same cam as a G148

actionpack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I pulled the plugs and grounded them and there was good spark coming from the plugs on 1 and 4 cyl , I bought 1 of the cams I have from a member of this board , and I found a block with a cam in it , 1 of the cams had a extra narrow lobe just ahead of the dist gear that's in the middle of the cam , did any of these cams have this feature , and what did this lobe do , my engine don't have anything in the engine that would run off this extra lobe ,I replaced my cam because the key way was washed out and didn't have a tight fit and found the cam shim was wore down causeing this thing to break the dist gear or tear the dist fly weight pin loose , this diff cam I put in took care of the breaking of the dist , but now i'v lost 1 and 4 cyl , when I get feeling better i'm going to pull the cap and see if the rotor is lined up with the right post on the cap , thanks for your response

Last edited by actionpack on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
actionpack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok , I finally got smart enough to get the vt333 number off the cam , is this the same as yours , if it is I would like it , would you happen to know about how much the postage would be , thanks

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

actionpack wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:18:50 09/06/13) ok , I finally got smart enough to get the vt333 number off the cam , is this the same as yours , if it is I would like it , would you happen to know about how much the postage would be , thanks

Don't know what is being overlooked here but Case only used a 1 3 4 2 firing order and all the cams will work interchangably, the extra round lobe was for engines with an external fuel pump as was used in some applications and has no affect on anything else. As another stated, a 148 cam and I suspect a 159 cam will go right in the VAC and work fine.

actionpack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that is good news and bad at the same time , this 1 has me by the short hairs , guess I need to get back to the dist then , befor I changed this cam I did some damage to the internal of a couple dist , the last time I ended up taking the 2 dist I had and tried to make 1 good 1 , many thanks for the heads up on the cam

actionpack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: cam Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks all for jarring my brain , all it was was me and the loose nuts and bolts in my brain , I had the dist wired counter clock wize , and it was suppose to be clock wize , I got a 4 cyl tractor again , yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa , thanks for the feed back zack and mEi

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters