Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How bout a what is it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Took the oil pan off my 400 diesel today to put the new head gasket in. Found this in the pan. Any ideas what it is?

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My guess is: not good.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon, is it metal or seeds? If it's metal I'd look at the piston skirts and sleeve bottoms.

Bermuda Ken
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DIRTY OIL. Smile

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

its not hunks of carbon is it ???, while doing a valve job ,I found a lot of carbon build up under the intake manifold on a 69'429 that had penzoil stikers on the door post ../put another 200 k miles on that motor...with all the lite triks jon ,, it looks like about anything you can imagine seeing in the bottom of the pan ,, maybe CASPER the FRIENDLY Ghost ,,.;if its steel !!!! ,, You Got a Problem ,, WHy dID You Take the pan off ???

green bugger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks like you lost yer nuts in der

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon,
I don't think you can grow corn in oil, and aparently the oil didn't get hot enough to pop it. LOL.

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's all that is left of a JD that got sucked in through the air cleaner. Actually, it does look like corn.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's dog food. LOL. This tractor sat for about 5 years with the engine partially assembled. Wile it sat there some chipmunks filled the entire block and 1 head with a mixture of dog food and insulation. I spent 5 or 6 hours cleaning it out. I had to completely disassemble it again to clean it out. I thought I got it all out but I clearly missed some. It does stay crunchy in oil tho. LOL.

Christopher Mikesell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks to me like someone used RTV silicone on the oil pan gasket. It may be excess RTV that squeezed out of the joint when the pan was bolted on.

Christopher Mikesell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How bout a what is it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, I guess that this is what happens when you wait 20+ minutes with a thread open before posting a response.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters