Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

401 coolent heater?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scottsc
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what do I do to get a coolent heater on my 1955 401 diesel it gets cold up in iowa so I need some help?

tomturkey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

scottsc, my 1955 411 has a block heater works good,but its a gasser. Don't know if it would do the trick on your diesel.....gobble

oldproudvet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got 2 400 diesels, a 55 and a 56. Both have block heaters and they work well. Make sure you're burning #1 (it's getting harder to get, everyone uses a blend it seems). I've had no trouble, other than with the operator, in the well below zero range.

Scottsc
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been told that 401 don't take frost plug heaters at all and then ive been told different what's the easiest to install?
for heaters do I put a in line on the lower hose or what?

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take it from a Mn. native, get a tank heater. All you have to do is pull the plug in the bottom of the block and there is another in the water manifold.Just make sure that the plug in the water manifold is on the engine side of the thermostat. It will warm the engine much better than block heaters do and be less likely to leak and be easier to replace when the time comes.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We stock the correct Block Heaters.

Eldo case
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get a heater from John. I have had problems with a tank heaters more than a few times. When the weather is cold that is a poor time to play in antifreeze. This is advice from a old MoDOT mechainic.

Scottsc
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey thanks guys..... John where are you located at and how much?

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 401 coolent heater? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$49.42. We are in NY State & ship anywhere. This would ship very economically 1st class postage. We accept plastic & paypal. e-mail is open.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters