Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLIFF S
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How are these engines holding up and what Fule milage everyone is getting?

AScheele
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CUMMINS! There is no G in Cummins.

AScheele
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, and i own a Powerstroke, with 4.10 gears. just so G1355 knows that ahead of time.

CLIFF S
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry but darn smart phone will change the spelling on ya sometimes to what it thinks is correct!

larryanderson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had a new Ford and have a new Dodge and they both get about 8/10 pulling a 32ft gooseneck with one tractor with cab.Without trailer driving normal 15MPG is tops.Many people claim more but that's what I get.They both have plenty of power just too many pollution devices to steal mileage.I have had older Powerstroke and Cummins that got about 25% better mileage but not as much power.We don't chip or change them as it is costly and can void warranty.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your figures make sense, a lot of people claim they get pulling what you get normal driving. Just wondering what one you like more the, does the inline 6 seem to pull as good as the v8.

PretendFarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

larryanderson wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:03:34 12/23/13) I have had a new Ford and have a new Dodge and they both get about 8/10 pulling a 32ft gooseneck with one tractor with cab.Without trailer driving normal 15MPG is tops.Many people claim more but that's what I get.They both have plenty of power just too many pollution devices to steal mileage.I have had older Powerstroke and Cummins that got about 25% better mileage but not as much power.We don't chip or change them as it is costly and can void warranty.

my 97 12 valve cummins has gotten close to 26mph with a very light foot on the highway.
I beefed up the tranny and tuned the pump. Keeps up with new rigs now.

CLIFF S
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any one have a 2013 or 2014 GM or Ram to give mpg and reports on durability?

caseyc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I personally have a 2007 Dodge with the 6.7 Cummins. I have all the emissions stuff removed. When driven like a car it will run around 18-20 mpg locally. I have gotten 22-24 mpg on long trips. When pulling a load, which it does often, it will range anywhere from 10-16 mpg depending on the load. The truck has 326,000 miles on it. Engine and trans are original. T-case was replaced at 320,000 miles due to operator error.

I service several 6.6 gm's in my shop. Many are in the '05-'10 range. Several have 100,000+ miles with one in particular, an '07 that has 230,000 on it. He uses it hard. Drive train is original. He runs 16-18 mpg empty and 10-14 mpg loaded. The others are all in that range too.

Casey in SD

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He is asking about new.

farmer boy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just buy a Hemi. Bestest truck ever.

PretendFarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

farmer boy wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:29:58 12/23/13) Just buy a Hemi. Bestest truck ever.

yea yea yea, heh heh heh.....get a Hemi Beavis...

Last edited by PretendFarmer on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
larryanderson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Really no difference also had a DuraMax which I also liked and it got 8/10MPG.One thing about the Dodge is there is more room under the hood and the ride is excellent.All diesel trucks had poor automatics but that has been changed and they all work as good as the Allison.I had to buy manual trans until they fiqured it out but they did.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Best not bestest, rather than that you said everything right. Or you could just buy a dodge.

farmer boy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New 6.6 Duramax and 6.7 Cummings Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You've converted me. I'm so convinced I went and bought a powerwagon today. Then I bought a chip for it that gave me an extra 250hp and 300 lb ft of torque. It's so amazing. I out pulled every diesel pickup on the road. I was towing 30,000lbs and I beat a 600hp semi pulling 25,000lbs up an 8% grade. When empty I get 19 mpg, and 11 mpg towing through the mountains.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters