Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Life is Good

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald in NWMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The temperature is up, the forecast is for it to get above freezing for the next several days here in northern MO, the 970 is running well, the cows are fed and the AM radio is keeping me company. Life is indeed good.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pics there Ron. Wish I was there with you. Case tractor and beef cows. 2 of my favorite things in life on the farm. Thank you for posting these. Please keep em' coming.
Kow Farmer Kurt

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pics. That looks like a real clean early 970.

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice cows and nice tractor, life is good indeed.

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking 970

Nice herd of cows.

Life is "CASE" good

Maark

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

540 KWMT out of Fort Dodge, Ia. playing the tunes..

Ronald in NWMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The serial number is 8662201 which I think makes it a 1970 model. My Dad bought the tractor at a farm sale sometime around 1983. I put the loader on it about 10 years ago. It has been a very good tractor for us.
Kurt, I would of liked to had your 1070 with the snowblower here at times this winter but I make do with a blade.

Ronald in NWMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, Maark the AM radio is tuned to 540 KWMT. Nice catch Very Happy
Thanks for all the replies.

oldproudvet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you get a lot of wasteage unrolling bales? I would really like to spread my winter manure around a bit better then moving a ring with every bale. I'm just feeding 35 head with a grass fed cow calf deal going. They're out on pasture all winter, with access to thick woods for shelter. I've tried spotting bales in the late fall (after rain potential) in row, sticking fiberglass rods with electric wire and moving the cattle thru them, but they crap on the pile and never even get close to the bottom........

dzc3
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I fed cattle like that for years. Cows always have a "clean Plate" to eat from. I found that how much waste you got could be determined by the amount and time of day they got fed. I would not feed right away in the morning. Cows would then clean up what they would have walked away from if you had offered another bale Long..just my .02

Dave Sherburne, NY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in central NY and I listen to 540 KWMT thru my computer in the shop

Don Rudolph
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Simple pleasures is all we ask! Case tractors, beefers, and weather that's not trying to kill you. LOL

Thanks for posting these pics. Don

Ronald in NWMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

oldproudvet, if the ground is dry or frozen and you don't over feed, then there is not much waste as "dzc3" said. Some people don't like doing this because they have to feed everyday but their water needs to be checked everyday anyhow. But when it is muddy out, that is another story. Some springs we can unroll till grass turn out time and some we have to go to bale rings for a while because the cows will stomp the hay in the ground and just waste it.
Dave S., the internet has made this world a lot lot smaller. Most of the time that is a good thing just like what we are doing now (yesterdays tractor). Not many good (in my opinion anyway) AM radio stations left.

axe55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ronald nice tractor & cows...... i need a hay spear, does your hay spear attach to the bucket? I use round bales to feed my horses, it is more work with a loader w/bucket . I put one in the barn on its side, unroll how much I need at a time . more hay for the money.

Ronald in NWMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Life is Good Reply to specific post Reply with quote

axe55, this is a bale fork only attachment. It has two long spears side by side and it works really well for me. I also have an older loader that does not have the quick attach feature and have it fixed up so that I can put two spears right on the bucket. I got by with it for a lot of years. It worked OK but the other one works much better.
With the price of hay, I think it is a good idea to just feed what you need each day and keep waste to a minimum.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters