Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jdtractorman123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know that Dubuque tractors have a number stamped on the right side of the block that can be used to determine the tractor serial number to get a replacement tag, but is there any identifying numbers on for example a 520 or 620 that I could use to help identify if the tractor or use to get mother Deere to get a replacement serial number so I can make sure the tractor is what it shows to be or a fake?
Thanks,
Jdtractorman123

58 Deere
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only serial number that I know of is the tag. The tag is on the right side of the main case. The 1957 620 and 720 tag is mounted vertically. The 1958 620 and 720 tag is lower and mounted horizontally. Hope this helps some.

Jdtractorman123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info but I am not sure if Deere has numbers casted on the block or frame that could be used to determine if the tractor was an all fuel, gas , or lp.
Thanks

D-
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No

CLW
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The numbers will only be found on the tag. All-Fuel tractors will not have a heat shield under the tank. Gas tractors will. LP tractors have a different manifold than other fuels and also have a big bubble on top of the tractor. (couldn't resist that).
What makes you think it may be a fake?

Jdtractorman123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know for sure it's an all fuel but the serial tag has been
knocked off and reglued back on. 2cyl is giving me info that its
a gas tractor , but it has never been apart before and has
everything as an all fuel and has only had two owners which
never lived where 2cyl says it was from. I wonder of the serial
tag is not for this tractor or if 2cyl just have me bad info.
Thanks

CLW
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two-Cylinder can only give you the information from the numbers you give them. I am not sure of this on a 520 or 620 all-fuel but if the fuel selector is in the dash like the A and B had you should have a selector that would say "off" or which fuel is selected. Gas would not have that. What about the two fuel tanks? Are they there? I think it is a fake tag as tags were put on with brads, not glue.

Last edited by CLW on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jdtractorman123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tag was obviously torn off. Brads are still on tractor.
Everything is on the tractor for an all fuel. Tanks, valves,
manifolds, etc. I think it's the wrong serial plate or two cylinder
may have Givin me info in the wrong tractor.. Has anyone else
had to call them about there serial research??

A GURU
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: How to identify Waterloo tractors without serial plate?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't believe that Two-Cylinder has given you the wrong information. They are giving you what they have for that particular serial number. I will say this though, the info T-C gives you is NOT necessarily the info that is housed at JD Archives in Waterloo. The info is simply not as detailed.
I called and got the info on my 36 A from Deere 22 years ago. They told me the powerlift number and even the serial number on the original mag. When I ordered a research document, many years later, it came back "no special equipment listed". A powerlift and rubber up front/steel on the back IS special equipment. I called, and T-C confirmed that those were special equipment items. They double checked their records and said again "no special equipment listed". I believe they may get their info from records in Moline as opposed to Waterloo, and that those records contain a varying amount of info compared to the Waterloo records. I would say that they have given you the correct info for the tag you have, it just may not be as complete as some records are...........maybe.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters