Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

about those squirrels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

got an email from a friend who had much the same damage done to his ATV. he says the wires are now wrapped in anti rodent tape. any one here have any experience with that product?
thanks.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i've found it's easier to just have cats. Wink

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tape is probably just some sort of metal lined tape that will end up causing as much problems as it fixes due to leakage and then shorting things out. I agree cats help a whole lot.

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we are a pet and kid free house hold. Smile

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

s19438 wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:03:28 01/20/14) we are a pet and kid free house hold. Smile

So are we, but our property is patrolled on a regular basis by a few different cats from around the neighborhood.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

s19438 wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:03:28 01/20/14) we are a pet and kid free house hold. Smile
A cat kept as a "pet" & fed regularly is one sorry mouser!

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yep.. we have a barn cat that is a barnyard terminator for anything smaller or slightly larger than she is, other than livestock.

Funny. she will eat out of the same bowl as a chicken.. but cant catch a rabbit larger than she is.

we put a cat doot in the barn. no more grain loss to mice.. she can get in the equipment shed. no more rat / tree-rat problem with chewed wires.

i will supplement her feed with plain dry but she rarely eats it. gets plenty of mouse sized game.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had them half+ wild & would bring rats, squirrels, birds, snakes to their young & put a tooth through a leather boot if threatened!

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did read your post yesterday about the damage to your wires but didn't reply.
It's too bad to see that.
My neighbor did a lot of damage to the squirrel population around here with a live trap baited with peanut butter and a 55 gal trash can full of rainwater.
But he sold out and moved to the country a couple of years ago and now they are thicker than heck around here.
The trouble with outside cats is they are killing millions upon millions of our song birds.

jerrybigrig
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maby its time for pellet gun or a .22 ??

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

problem is I like to watch em. I can sit at the kitchen table and watch them in the trees and on the ground and ON TWO OF MY TRACTORS. it is a dilemma. as long as they don't get into the house........

JF in MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is what you need
squirrel launcher

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that aint right. but funny as h.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: about those squirrels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cornered and caught a kitten at a dairy farm a friend owns and brought it home in a feed sack.
Still do not know how I did it and kept all my fingers.
We let it loose in the yard and to this day no one has ever touched her or any of her kittens.

The only time I have ever put food out for her was when she was nursing and even then she ate very little of it.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters