Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Allis B Steel Front Wheels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Farmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Allis B Steel Front Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About a year or so back I was asking for
measurements.dimensions for Allis B steel front
wheels. Thanks to all those who gave advice this
is the result. I don't claim that they are exact
replica's but they are to size. I made them in my
shed. The rims were rolled in 6MM steel by a local
friend. The hubs are secondary mains water
pipe. The quadrants seen in the pics are 4mm steel
and as you see are welded into the edge of the
rims. Thats 12 feet of welding on each rim etc. The
centres are made from 12mm flat steel marked and
worked entirely by hand(except the drilling)The spokes are cut from 11mm bar. Still
have to make the skid rings. Only problem now is
that I have already sold my Allis B.Take care Mike

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B Steel Front Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice work. I love to see those kinds of projects.

Lonnie Smith
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B Steel Front Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good to see you got them done. Now you just have to buy another tractor to put them on, no problem.

sandman2234
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B Steel Front Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks great!
David from jax

sandman2234
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B Steel Front Wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like I am going to have to do what you did, which is build a set if I am ever going to own a front steel wheel tractor. Any chance you still have those emails with the sizes of everything on them? I sure would like to have a copy of them!
David from jax

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters