Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

eagle hitch questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamo58
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: eagle hitch questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

will an eagle hitch that came off a dc fit my sc (it"s a 1947 sc, don"t know what year the dc was)

don"t normally see eagle hitches out there but if this one would work on my sc I"d like to put it back on since my SC didn"t have one when I got it.

anyone have any pictures of an eagle hitch as it"s supposed to be installed on the SC? How does the cylinder actually hook up to lift the arm(s)

what are the limitations of the eagle hitch versus the modern 3 point systems?

is there aynway to modify the eagle/sc to put a toplink attachment on it?

just thinking out loud here, don"t know if it"s crazy talk...

Thanks,
Jameson

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: eagle hitch questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does the SC have the hydraulics that run off the PTO on the rear with the two round lifting bail arms? If you have lifting bail, it's probably going to be easier to attach some fabricated arms to the lifting bail than to try attaching the eagle hitch arms.

smokinolly
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: eagle hitch questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if ur sc didnt come with the eagle hitch from the factory it prolly isnt gonna work without some fabrication but if it did it should all work just fine as far as images there are some good pics on twentywheels.com search sc case a couple of the tractors for sale have really good reference pics

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: eagle hitch questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 47 SC will not have the provision for the rock shaft in the rear end casting.

CZ
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: eagle hitch questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The part numbers for the dc and sc eagle lift are the same, thus they are the same. Main problem is the transmision castings on the eagle hitch sc's are different. The early sc's have no provision for the upper lift arms or top link. I'm sure something could be fabricated.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters