Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

new Case 440 owner from So. IN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexw
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: new Case 440 owner from So. IN Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New member here from Southern IN and just picked up a Case 440 with a box blade and front end loader for our farm.

My wife I recently moved to the area and bought a place to get out of the city and have room for our horses. Needed something to maintain the fields and rebuild some fences.

It isn't much to look at for now, but seems like it will get the job done. Previous owner rebuilt the engine, and it supposedly has about 80 hours on it since then. The hydraulic cylinders on the front end loader need rebuilding, but that shouldn't be terrible. Not sure if the loader is a factory Case part or not. The attachment to the tractor frame looks home made.

First order of business will be getting proper hinge pins for the loader and 3 point. I've got several 1/4" rods where 1/2" or larger ought to be!

Thanks!

Alex

Don Rudolph
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: new Case 440 owner from So. IN Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welcome Alex,

You will really like that 440 Case. It is a handy, powerful machine for its size. There are several people on this board who can help you with any questions you may have. Don

alexw
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: new Case 440 owner from So. IN Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm looking forward to testing it out by pulling out some old trees that have fallen on our fence line. It seems to have some grunt to it.

Alex

RC Brooks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: new Case 440 owner from So. IN Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Alex! From So. Indiana myself. I hope the tractor works well for you. Can"t blame you for getting out of the city. I didn"t much enjoy my time inside the concrete jungle either.

I like the 440/430"s. (Ok, I like pretty well all tractors and most things with motors). Going to be doing hay with it too?

Aaron Hyneman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: new Case 440 owner from So. IN Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Alex where at in southern in do you live? I am not to far from
Evansville. I hope you like your tractor

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: new Case 440 owner from So. IN Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Be careful pulling trees as there have been stories of people tipping tractors over pulling trees. Hook only to the drawbar.

alexw
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: new Case 440 owner from So. IN Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I won't be doing hay with it. We don't have enough land for both hay and horses.

We are in Corydon, about 40 minutes west of Louisville, KY.

I don't like to pull from anywhere except the center of gravity. I was on a college team that built small off road dune buggies. I'll never forget the pulling contest with the one team whose hitch point was near the top of the truck. Flipped over backwards instantly.

Alex

alexw
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: new Case 440 owner from So. IN Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Took some time today to upload a few pictures of the 440 that we picked up a couple of weeks ago.

I was looking at the hydraulic cylinders on the front end loader in a bit more detail, and one of them has been repaired before and welded up. Rather than cut it off and likely damage the shaft, where might I find replacement cylinders? I'm guessing that this particular loader isn't OEM?

Alex

Last edited by alexw on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters