Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

D19 Carburator Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWCarp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: D19 Carburator Issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been fussing with this thing for some time. It seems like the high speed jet is not working right. I have cleaned it out a couple of times. If you put the engine under a sudden load where the governor opens quickly, it just coughs out instantly. If I run it with the choke most of the way out it is OK. I have the main jet turned out almost all the way. Has anyone ever had to drill the jet out slightly bigger? Has anyone every had this issue? Thanks for the help.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Carburator Issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How you going about cleaning that carb?? It needs to soak over night or longer in a good carb cleaner which is hard to find now days. Then you need to spray out all passage ways with canned carb cleaner and also blow it out with air and then the most important is to use a small wire or as I do a torch tip cleaner tool and poke out all the passage ways

JWCarp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Carburator Issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Everything you said except for letting it soak overnight. I wish I knew what size the hole was supposed to be in the main jet. There is also a hole at the bottom of where the tube bolts in. After working are larger wire through it, it ran better, but it still isn't quite right. It might be that hole. At least now if I pull the main jet needle out it will flood out. Before it would still run with the needle all the way out. You are right about good carb cleaner. I am not sure such a thing exists anymore. What do you use?

Jdpowerman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Carburator Issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you cant find a good gallon of carb cleaner, you can go to the auto parts store to get some lacquer thinner. Make sure you get automotive lacquer thinner, some at the hardware store isn,t as good, because its oil based. Hope this helps!

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Carburator Issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like to boil the carbs in a pan of clean water, for maybe 15 minutes. Gets the crud out of unseen places.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: D19 Carburator Issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use a can of Berryman's chem dip but it is some 20 or so years old and has be strained many times over the year and still working well. It this a M/S carb by chance?? If yes sounds like you need to poke out the main jet more and then spray and poke again.

RalphWD45
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Carburator Issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Everything Old told you, should be done, and it sounds like you have done it all except soaking long enough. Two other things you should look for, is a dragging float , on the side of the carb casting, when all the way up, and check for a right angle passage joining the main jet passage, that may not be obvious. I have had good luck with the gallon cans of carb cleaner, from NAPA, for soaking parts. Carbs can be frustrating, can't they?

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: D19 Carburator Issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Carb cleaners these days don't work so well on some crud in carbs.Soak it in Seafoam.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters