Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger Joe
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will an Dearborn frame and plow from an 8N fit the hundred series?

I'd assume more than likely NOT the 800 since its larger, but since the 600 is "close enough" to the 8N maybe they will interchange?

if not, what type of plow should I be looking for to fit a 640?

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

got a torch n welder? then they will probably fit fine.

On the other hand, depends on the rear axle brackets.

I don't know about your frame, but I have seen laoder frames that will fit both due to 2 different rear attach points on the frames.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never tried the dearborn frame but I guess anything is possible. I did mount an ARPS frame on my 641. Just make
a set of rear bracket by using angle iron to drop it down and move it forward so the front brackets line up.
Pretty EZ fix. My friend has them on his 860 now.
The 19-80 frame is the correct one for your tractor if you can find one. Available in cable and hyd piston. I
have a couple of those. Even made brackets and mounted one on my 8n.

Kirk

michford
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You would have to lengthen the Dearborn frame to make it fit a hundred series. I had a Dearborn frame on my 641 until I found the Ford 19-80 frame made for the hundred series.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As said it would probably come up a little short, but as also said a little adapting is not difficult. Perhaps a foot or so of channel stock under the rear axle.

Tiger Joe
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ya def not cutting up my Dearborn 19-3. its all original except the cables.

So I need to find a 19-80 model then. looks like they came with either cable lifts or hydraulic cylinders in front. Do the hydraulic setups have down pressure? personally I don't want down pressure since I plow neighbors driveways and wouldn't want to risk damaging it, would rather the plow float.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the hydraulic 19-80 has down pressure. You could run one line with a vent and made it pressure up gravity
down. You could also run skid shoes on the blade.

RWK in WI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: dearborn snow plow for 600 or 800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If your hydraulic control valve has the float function or can be adjusted to have float in the down position your plow can do just fine.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters