Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

3000 clutch ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe201
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: 3000 clutch ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been baling alot of hay with 3 cyl ford 3000 8 speed for 6 years now and no trouble. Clutch isn't slipping but the pedal doesn't feel like it use to. My question is the triangle clutch disc better ?? I probbaly won't change it until after last cutting but I would like to have a new clutch just in case.I'm half done with first cutting and still have about 1500 to go.Question # 2 I have a 54 naa great tractor 45 lbs oil pressure is it big enough to pull a 275 nh square baler? All I do is bush hogg and rake hay with it.Things are going to good just coming up with a back up.

Thanks for your input
Joe

kub6040
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 clutch ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The NAA should pull a baker it will be loaded and you won't have a second clutch to keep the pro turning so planning ahead is a must , but can be done.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 clutch ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The NAA is a tad bit light for pulling a baler unless you have flat ground and NO wagon behind. Has just enough HP but the baler is almost as heavy as it is so hill may not be a good thing and a wagon for sure not good.

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: 3000 clutch ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I pulled a JD 14T with a 2000D on rolling hills with no wagon and did ok, nothing stellar but it baled hay....Only problem I had was that I had to watch what's going on in front of me as it had a tranny PTO and no overrun clutch and you know the rest of the story.

joe201
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 clutch ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tires on the naa aren't loaded, but I'll give it a try when it dries up. So is the triangle clutch better than the regular round ones ? or is there a heavy duty clutch for my 74 3000.I'm going to order a new clutch and have on hand just in case.
Thanks Joe

rmg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 clutch ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 75 3000 and I do not think the triangle button clutch is a better clutch. That is why the last of the 3000's came with the regular clutch from the factory. I have had my tractor since it was new and still has the original trans and pto double clutch. Don't pull a hay baler with it but does have a FEL so clutch has seen a lot of use.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters