Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Massey Ferguson 175 PTO

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom from Buckeye Lake
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Push the clutch peddle down, bet it will stop turning. Think ur seeing the main clutch driven shaft. The one that powers the tran/axle/wheels

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

civilianwilly wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:00:30 07/09/15) guys I went to put the oil back in the tractor and I took the filler plug off. inside u can see all the linkage and gears right thru the filler hole. I started it and looked inside and a shaft way down low is spinning and oil is slinging everywhere. this has to mean something. the disconnect must be between there and the pump right?

There is a female coupler to connects the pump shaft to the shaft in the tractor that drives the pump. The coupler is supposed to have a cotter pin that goes through it that should hold it in place.

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What you are seeing is TRANSMISSION gears turning, not PTO drive. The PTO drive is the solid shaft INSIDE the lower hollow transmission shaft. I'd do a clutch split and see what you have. If the hub is OK in the pressure plate turn the large shaft and see if it will drive the pumps, if not the trans may have damage for the PTO side. Hopefully it's at the clutch assembly, if it worked OK for awhile, then stopped.

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I split the tractor and the drive clutch was bad. also several other things. I will try to post pics soon. split the trans off the rear end and pulled top cover. post back tomorrow

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

parts list so far for repair; pto input shaft, pto gear, countershaft, rear main seal, lift cover gasket, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing. Should get me back in business. Kind of surprised how many views this thread has. Stay tuned. More pics and progress to come.

mf175s
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

civilianwilly wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:01:04 05/30/16) parts list so far for repair; pto input shaft, pto gear, countershaft, rear main seal, lift cover gasket, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing. Should get me back in business. Kind of surprised how many views this thread has. Stay tuned. More pics and progress to come.

Any news?

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The PTO gear i ordered had the correct tooth count but the incorrect spline count. I have that reordered and on the way. Since I have the transmission apart I am ordering new multipower clutch packs. When all the parts come in I will reassemble the trans and post pics as i go. The final step in assembly will be to install a new rear main, clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing before rejoining the tractor split. Stay tuned for pics and progress!!

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New PTO gear is here and it's the correct one. I wish I could go direct to Sparex, Inc.
I need to order a couple seals and some other parts before assembling the pto shaft. Stay tuned.....more parts, lol.

peltsi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good pictures, nice to see it come back together Smile
With the broken parts list you posted it seems the earlier "rebuilt" done to it wasn't much proper at all.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/Default.aspx?

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ptfarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:58:31 07/25/16) http://agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/Default.aspx?

civilianwilly
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey Ferguson 175 PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New Rear Main Installed

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters