Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Holley 2000-3000 carburetor question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason in michigan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Holley 2000-3000 carburetor question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can I take a C9NN9510A carburetor off from a 2000 and remove the number 43 jet and replace it with a number 58 3000 jet and use it on a 3000?
didn't know if there was any other differences between the 2000 and 3000 Holley carburetors. I have a really nice 2000 carburetor and would like to install it on my 3000.
Thanks
Jason

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Holley 2000-3000 carburetor question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think you would even need to mess with the jets. Just put it on.
The 2/3000s gassers were both the exact same 158 ci.

gears
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Holley 2000-3000 carburetor question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sure it'd run fine but I'd swap the jet. The book shows the 3000 as a hp or two higher than the 2000 (I think the 3000 runs a higher redline than the 2000 but it could be carb related).

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Holley 2000-3000 carburetor question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe the higher hp numbers for the 3000 are from a combination of different jetting and a higher max rpm, but looking at the parts pages, the 3000 Holley carb shares the metering body with the 4000 carb, not the 2000, and that is where the jet mounts, so I don't know if a jet from the 3000 carb would fit in a 2000 carb or, if it does, whether the metering body would properly handle the increased flow. I haven't compared them directly, so maybe they're compatible, but it's possible that they're not.

Jason in michigan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Holley 2000-3000 carburetor question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good point Sean. I have a 3000 metering body but it's not as nice as the 2000. I think I'll leave it alone. Comparing the two metering bodies side by
side (2000-3000) I don't see any differences but I'm sure it's in the porting or something.
Thanks

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters