Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hydraulic Pump, 4010

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryce Frazier
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Helping a buddy work on his 4010 JD. Lost brakes, loader controls, and power steering, so, he decided that the front pump was worn out. He removed it, and asked me to ask around for a rebuild kit, or a new pump? What is the best route to go here? The part number he gave me is R32442R.

Thanks guys!! Bryce

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was the tractor checked for transmission pump oil flow up to the front pump before removing the pump?

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WAY too many yank out that front pump when all too often it is something else all together. I've even seen JD factory trained guys do it ! and they should of known better.
That is the last thing you remove after a lot of other tests.
A service manual is a must have on these. Follow the step by step trouble shooting guide.

Tech 7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the shaft seal is leaking now would be a good time to change it, otherwise put it back in and "test don't guess". The front pump depends upon a supply of oil from the transmission pump and if the transmission pump is not doing its job the front pump cannot do anything.

Drain the transmission oil and check the inlet screen for debris would be an easy place to start.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm with the others..you yanked the pump too soon...but now that you have it out... you can start the engine and see if you are getting oil from the trans pump it will be going to the front through the large pipe on the left side of the engine,,have a bucket lined up to check and catch oil ,,a hose on the pipe that you removed from the pump to guide it to the bucket,, if you have oil flow there that points to the main pump failing,,if that pump is original, and it most likely is you would be better off getting a new after market pump off some one other than Deere ,,get one for a 4020, it will have a place for a seal drain line that you can add,,Deere gets $2690 for the R101807 pump... Worthington and others get $1,000-$1200 for theirs..by the time you put a shaft, bearings, seals and valves in your "OLD" pump you will have near that in it,, and you will still have a pump housing with worn piston bores..

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with what the others stated hydraulic systems need GOOD DIAGNOSTICS PERFORMED before any hyd components are removed/replaced.[/url]

Robert Major
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Mike I'ts the same with 1135 type masseys, if you don't follow what a service manual tells you there is a whole list of junk from the transmission pump and everything in between to test and fix in sequence, before you get to the front pump being junk. The other things being slightly out or completely wrong mimic the front pump being wrong. There is a lot of money wasted on those to by guessing!.
Regards Robert

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Robert: I the Massey 1135 an open center or closed center ?
Is JD the only ones who used closed center hydraulics ?

chuck from neb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check the driveshaft splines between the pump and engine

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You got a lot of good council here, what is your plan?

Robert Major
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Mike It's a closed center constant pressure system with 3 circuits as my manual explains it, and thats probably why it's like the JD if one or more things is wrong thats why you start at the beginning and test/fix as you go through everything. I had a kid call me about a tractor I tested and fixed before. It dumped again and he was telling me the front pump was down from just a pressure test on a spool.

He got quite the eye opener when I told him get the service manual, flow and a pile of pressure gauges all the fittings, a clip board/paper and pen so he could right down /remember all the pressures to figure it out. He was only going to achieve wasting time and money with a 3000 psi test guage. When I tested that tractor I had to buy all the flow low pressure guages. It cost me over a $1000 and near a day to do it and get an answer with doing all the stuff the filings from rear end had ruined, before I got to the front pump. We knew it was going to end up bad/expensive part way in but the guy wanted it done, truth was we should of scrapped it then.
Regards Robert

Bryce Frazier
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, MY plan would have been to do a few tests as stated. I just got the call one day saying that the tractor was dead "what should I do". Then he calls me yesterday and said I have it all torn apart! "probably that front pump". :/

I don't think it is the pump. First of all, the drive shaft FOR the pump that goes off of the ??? on the front of the engine, the splines on it are completely trashed, it wasn't turning at all when the engine was (so he says).

None the less, we HAVE to have a drive shaft. I kind of wonder if that will fix the problem entirely? Anyone know where to get one?

Bryce Frazier
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya, that is a good idea. I am going to try to have him do that.

I've never even seen the tractor in person, just a couple of pictures of it. He has the front end COMPLETELY torn apart! Surprised

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gosh, I think you are on to something!

It's certainly helps to have the hydraulic pump drive in place when you are expecting to have hydraulic pressure!

Deere will still have any parts that may be tore up there.

M-MAN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump, 4010 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whoo boy. That would hurt my feeling's to do all that work just for a pump drive. Never could figure out how folks could trash one and never even notice the racket. It was rare that an owner even mentioned it when they brought a tractor in for service but we alway's checked them.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters