Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Lake Street Plant

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirbsterbbq
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Lake Street Plant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Someday when you least expect it something runs across your desk that is completely by surprise. I am a Land Surveyor by trade in the State of Minnesota. We use old aerial photography to find and locate survey monuments based off old survey notes and documents. This picture which I am sure has been passed around by now is a 1938 aerial photo and the MM plant is in it. You can see two large lots of Yellow Tractors on the right of the main plant. I thought all would enjoy. Being summer its a extremely busy time so there are a lot of Aerial Photos on my desk. I think there is one of the the Como Ave Plant from 1938 in this pile too, I will share it when I come across it.

Kirbsterbbq
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Lake Street Plant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gotta remember to add the picture

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Lake Street Plant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I seen pictures of Minneapolis Moline Expermental farm, they were baleing with that Uni Baler, whenever that was being built, It was in the Burnsville area, as you go up the hill, south on I-35, leaving Minneapolis, would of been on the west side of the road. That whole area was bare land at that time. I could of had those pictures for the asking, But i didnt see the value at the time. So sorry i was so stupid.

vermontmachin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Lake Street Plant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am actually interested to know if yous till have this item:
http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=mm&th=80692

I am new to the site and could not figure out how to contact you directly. Thanks.

MnBoy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Lake Street Plant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirbsterbbq wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:17:43 05/20/16) Someday when you least expect it something runs across your desk that is completely by surprise. I am a Land Surveyor by trade in the State of Minnesota. We use old aerial photography to find and locate survey monuments based off old survey notes and documents. This picture which I am sure has been passed around by now is a 1938 aerial photo and the MM plant is in it. You can see two large lots of Yellow Tractors on the right of the main plant. I thought all would enjoy. Being summer its a extremely busy time so there are a lot of Aerial Photos on my desk. I think there is one of the the Como Ave Plant from 1938 in this pile too, I will share it when I come across it.

I just now saw your post. My grandpa and dad used to both work in the Lake Street plant. We lived not too far from the plant. Here is a picture of my grandpa [top row, second from left]. I wonder if anyone still remembers this plant!

Kirbsterbbq
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Lake Street Plant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 2 great uncles both worked at the lake street plant, one retired in 1966 and the other in 1968. Where my Great Uncle Gilbert worked in the plant isn't really known but Wally started in 1926 as a riveter building water towers and when Wally retired he was an inspector in Hopkins inspecting harvest equipment.

Through Minnie is how my great aunt met my Great uncle, she was seamstress at the Overall Laundry in Minneapolis, again from what I was told she met him when she picked up the work uniforms from the Lake Street Plant. It must have been love because 2 of her sisters married 2 of Wally's brothers too.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters