Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

looking at a G

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Thomas
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: looking at a G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got a line on a G. Runs, good rubber, decent sheet metal, comes with cultivators.

I won't be working it...show and parade toy. I really know nothing about them. What should I watch out for? Any regularly found issues with them?

Ted in NE-OH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: looking at a G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one for sale in NE Ohio. If interested email at actcseifert@hotmail.com 440-812-8475

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: looking at a G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fun little tractors. Axle shafts are a weak point but if you're not working it don't worry.

leon
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: looking at a G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Correct, rear axle shafts, seal leakage there and subsequent brake problems. Front end wear (no grease fittings), fan shaft bearings, crank shaft seals. I too have one that I don't want to part with, but should! In northeast Iowa.

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: looking at a G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put grease fittings in one we used for plot work. Really made it steer easier with the planter rig we had mounted on it.
That being said, I hope I never sit on one again. No power and broke a back axle also. Engine parts are getting very hard to find.
Richard in NW SC

Brad W Wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: looking at a G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a push blade for snow and went through 2 axles this past winter. That being said . Not a big job and I would not get rid of it. I just need to take it easy and not use a brake pedal to help turn. Learn it's limitations and everything is fine. I use it on my food plots. I really enjoy being on the little thing.

Matt Thomas
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: looking at a G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well. It went for more than I could afford. Front spindles had a little play but not much compared to most of my old stuff. Couldn't see any leaks around the axles but did have a pretty good leak around the back end of the motor. Started and ran pretty smooth with no smoke but the wiring looked a mess. Went for $2400.

The auction was huge. HUGE. Had several really nice collector cars. Several cars that could be restored and close to 50 cars that were parts cars. Few fire engines. Couple buses. Lots of good shop equipment and TONS of lousy shop equipment. Dozen or so tractors, most still being used...couple junkers. Road tractors large, small, new, old. One old 50s Mack that was cool. Lots of tillage and haying equipment. Trailers of all shapes and sizes.

Crowd was not massive. Did not see it all sell but everything I watched went for what I considered to be less than it was worth....except this G. Maybe that's what they are worth though.

Good running 4010 went for $3600. Really nice Jubilee went for $1100....about right. Ford County 4 went for $3000 and had $4000 of brand new rubber on it. Mid-60s Ford 2-ton truck that was straight as a string, good lift and ran like a top sold for less than a grand.

Oh well.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters