Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Deutz 6250 won't start.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sherwood Botsford
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Deutz 6250 won't start. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Running fine, 20 minutes before. Stopped, got off, got some of my people working again. Won't start.

* In postion 3 (normal run postion) gauges work, signals work, lights work.
* In postion 4 (spring loaded starter postions) dead silence. No clunk, no groan.
* Battery reads 12.61 V.

I suspect an interlock issue, but the only one I know is the clutch interlock. Checked that with volt meter. No problem.

At this stage I think it is one of:

* Interlock.
* Starter switch.
* Starter Relay.
* Starter motor.

The motor seems to be a poor choice, as if that were the problem, I would expect to hear at least the starter relay click.

Questions:

A: Are there other interlocks besides the clutch?

B: How do you check anything behind the dash? Rmoving the 8 screws allows you to move it about half an inch.

C: Other ideas as to what to check?

Dr. Walt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Deutz 6250 won't start. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last time I worked on Deutz engines was over 35 years ago, so you might . . . . Check for a seat interlock, a lot of equipment requires the operator to be IN-THE-SEAT before the ignition will work. Make sure Trans is in Neutral (Neutral Safety Switch). Might also check for "Low Oil" safety switch on engine. And last but not least, give the Starter/Solenoid a couple of sharp raps with a hammer. HTH

Doc :>)

Sherwood Botsford
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Deutz 6250 won't start. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Doc

Will check for seat interlock later this morning. Low oil is a good idea too. Haven't had coffee yet. (My grass hopper mower has a seat interlock. Disabled it right away. Popping off the seat to pick up stuff too often.

Tried the neutral thing before. It would be a case of something broken that started to work, as I've never had to put it in neutral before, just have the clutch in.

Starter solenoid. Hmm. trace the fat wires....

Thanks.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters