Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

guessing game, cub year

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

recently i bought this cub, the serial number says its a 1958, now i ran across another supposedly original 57 cub, that one has the white bar grill so which is correct, and if the 57 is, they what year is mine wearing, the grill is one piece, it and the center divider doesn't unbolt like my 1947 cub's does which has no center divider

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your has some pretty obviously home-made parts.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what, running no air cleaner?

markct
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a homemade grill to me

steve706
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your serial number is your year plain and simple. At some point the original grill was likely heavily damaged and somebody made one to fit. It does the job, but doesn't look original for any year cub.

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree on homemade grill. Wheres the air cleaner pipe and dipstick?

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a Allis Chalmers grille.

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it didnt have one, it does now

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: guessing game, cub year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the air cleaner is there whats missing is the pipe connecting it to the carb, i have one on it now this thing wasnt "quite done" when i bought it, the po showed me over 4 grand worth of receipts for work he had done, guess he paid somebody to do all of it for him,

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters