Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Allis B C CA, cylinder heads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dustyah
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Allis B C CA, cylinder heads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found a guy parting out allis tractors near me, I have a 1945 B, will an ac c or ca cylinder head bolt on, perhaps give me more power, just a thought, thanks. Dusty

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B C CA, cylinder heads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

B, C, and CA all are the same engine other then the very early B so no more power but is a direct bolt on

nl00sb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B C CA, cylinder heads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

U can mill the head down up to .125 off to up the compression a little and gasket match the ports on it

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B C CA, cylinder heads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a difference internally in the casting. I found this when porting the different heads.
I have not tried to trace which is which as far as years. I just look in the ports when building one for easy flow.
Your CA head can be made to look and work like the one in the picture. It has been modified for smb Chevy valves.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B C CA, cylinder heads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I mill most of them up to .150 and have one I used in pulling that I took .200. At .200 the water jacket is thinner than I like and would do another one that far. It didn't cause a problem for me. The water jacket on these head are thicker than most. I sliced a head up to see what problems I might run into. Just information for those that like to spend money.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B C CA, cylinder heads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

More information: When you remove .125, which is a good mill amount, or .150 you need to put an equal spacer under the rocker arm stands.

nl00sb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B C CA, cylinder heads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dick l did I read at one time u did a 1/2" stroked Motor in one of these if so did u find an offset grind set up or did u have to do a welded crank ? Thanks for commenting on this fellas post I like reading your comments

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B C CA, cylinder heads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used the crankshaft from a D-15 series one. I turned the mains wider and within .010 of standard diameter and width. I took it to a engine shop to be ground and where they welded the rod journals and ground them back to standard offset to the 4 inch stroke. I did two. I put one in a C and one in a B.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters