Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FarmallLovinGuy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the stock
cigarette lighter looks like on a
Farmall 450. Does anybody have a
picture of the lighter or know where
to get one. I've seen some on the
Internet, just not sure if they look
like the originals. Thanks.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine is like this one. It's the black knob to right. The only thing is mine says lighter on knob.

Fritz Maurer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That thing is beautiful. Post a side view of it , would you?

steve_in_mo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Really! We need a lot of pictures of that one.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a picture like mine since I don 't have a close up of mine. On mine all knobs and starter button are new. The picture below is actual picture of mine.

FarmallLovinGuy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does it look like this one?

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's the one they say is for a IH 450 but I didn't like it so I put this one on and it was the same price. A lot of guys don'i put the lighter in when restoring tractor they just plug it.

OldFarmall450
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 450 still has the stock cigarette lighter, a little faded but works...ok, a LOT faded...pity i gave up smoking !

FarmallLovinGuy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. By the way, that is one fine tractor you've got.

Dblair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

of subject I know but how much does your tractor weigh ?

AJB-830
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are a couple of pictures of the cigarette lighters on a couple of my 450 tractors. I believe the 1st one is an original. The 2nd picture is what I was able to purchase from my CaseIH dealer back in about 1996 when I re-did the dash on another 450-D. Hope this helps. Al

AJB-830
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your 1st picture of the cigarette lighter looks like a restored 450-D with a wide front. Is that correct? I would like to see a picture of that one. I also have a couple of 450-Ds but mine aren't restored. Al

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just remember they call them "Power Ports" now. If you look into it there is no spring clip anymore. Won't even let a lighter work.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The picture of me pulling she weighs 8,000 lbs. with me on it. It has no fluid in tires but 2 wheel weights on each rear wheel and set on front wheels I carry a 1,000 lbs. of bar bell weighs that I can remove and drop down a class.

Dblair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 450 Cigarette Lighter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a friend that has a 58 mine is a 57 but doesn't look as great as yours . my friends 450 with one set of weights weighs in at 5800 pounds mine with no weight weighs 6300 . with no weight what does yours weigh if you know with no weight ?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters