Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

881 thrust washer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian J in MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: 881 thrust washer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can get the thrust washer for the D planetary? One I have is showing wear and the end play is .005 out of spec. I know it's probably not that much but I want to be safe rather than sorry.

Or if some of you other sos guru's have ran them with more end play on the output shaft your input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 881 thrust washer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

End play could change with different C2C3. I believe I'd wait and see. I didn't pay particular attention the one I have when I disassembled the rear of transmission. Presumably I could still identify which one it is.

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 881 thrust washer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Laughing Glad u like the C2C3. Blessings for reassembly

Brian J in MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 881 thrust washer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larry,

The thrust washer that goes on the main shaft between the C3 hub and the C ring gear does it go between the snap ring on the main shaft and the ring gear or does it go between the C3 clutch hub and the snap ring?

I could kick myself for not remembering when I took it apart.

Brian

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: 881 thrust washer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe it surrounds the snap ring, does it not? It certainly does not go between the snap ring and C2C3.

Brian J in MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: 881 thrust washer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep goes around snap ring. So it goes between snap ring and C ring gear hub.

Thanks Larry, just wasn't sure.

Brian

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters