Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall C with a 7ft. 27V sickle bar combination?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave O'Brien
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Farmall C with a 7ft. 27V sickle bar combination? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm thinking about trying this combination for pasture clipping and perhaps field use. I'm on moderately hilly ground and wondering if I might be underpowered for this set up to work with out a bunch of headaches. If anyone has done this, I'd like your opinions please.

Charlie M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall C with a 7ft. 27V sickle bar combination? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It doesn't take much horsepower to run a 7ft sickle bar. If you pasture has been eaten down it should be pretty easy to mow.

khouse6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall C with a 7ft. 27V sickle bar combination? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

for clipping , use a clipping wheel

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall C with a 7ft. 27V sickle bar combination? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats what we used when the tractor was new so it will work just fine

Rick Remmert
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall C with a 7ft. 27V sickle bar combination? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been running one for over 7 years. I run along in 2nd gear at about 3/4 throttle. You have to remember you are not grinding it up like a rotary mower. You are just cutting it off. I have mowed weeds tractor high and pasture 3" tall all at the same speed. Just keep it in adjustment and sharp sections on it.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall C with a 7ft. 27V sickle bar combination? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You don't need a clipping wheel just tilt the bar so it cuts high

Brownie450
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall C with a 7ft. 27V sickle bar combination? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We would cut alfalfa in 3rd gear with ours.
Sharp sickle is needed.

27V is heavy on the SC. We broke the right
rear axle housing on the SC with the mower
on it one time, but had been mowing rough
pasture with it.
Good mower.
Jim

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters