Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

.Hey Fordfarmer need help with Ford 224 wing disc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo-ker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: .Hey Fordfarmer need help with Ford 224 wing disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought a Ford 224 18ft wing disc recently,never used it yet, so i tried to operate the portable hand crank system, which attaches seperately to all four wings. But damned if i could figure out how to attach the system on the pins in order to lift the wings. Would you have a photo of the crank set up in work mode from a manual? Maybe other guys on this form that own a Ford 224 wing disc could way in on this topic, any help would be appreciated......John.

robo76
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: .Hey Fordfarmer need help with Ford 224 wing disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had one up into the 90's. I remember cranking it up and down many times, but I don't remember exactly how it was done. I think there were 3 pins on the disk to mount it to. 2 pins on the main frame and one on the wing. The 2 pins on the main frame go through a slotted hole in the large gear and the other pin goes through the middle of the main gear.This fixes the crank mechanism in place. There is an arm that has a couple of brackets with holes in them to attach to the pin on the wing. This arm is then cranked up or down to raise or lower the wing. Takes a lot of cranking. I am doing this all from memory, so I could be off on the instructions, but I hope this helps. Maybe someone else knows better or has an owners manual. Was a good disc. Never had a problem with it. Pulled it with an 1164 County tractor for many hours. Good luck

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: .Hey Fordfarmer need help with Ford 224 wing disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll try to remember to look at the manual tomorrow. Pretty sure there is a picture or two in there, but as my 224 doesn't have wings, what's in the book is as much as I know about the crank.

Jo-ker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: .Hey Fordfarmer need help with Ford 224 wing disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thx robo for the info, i was wonderin about the hole in the center of the gear, but its a short pipe and a bit rusty and it didnt want to go on any of the pins, will try again today.....John

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: .Hey Fordfarmer need help with Ford 224 wing disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My manual has one picture of it in use, and a VERY brief description. I added the picture to the Implement Photos section of the Galleries, to the left.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters