Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently bought some square cross section o-rings from McMaster Carr to use when rebuilding the hydraulic pumps on Farmall Super A, 100, 130, and 140 tractors. Now, I know I wouldn't have just randomly ordered some o=rings without some recommendation.....whether it was from the Case-IH parts site or a forum member and I had a number to verify the fitment. THese are the square cross section o-rings that fit in an oval shape sealing the 2 halves of the pump body together. I've pulled one out of the package and compared it to the used one from the pump and it is about twice the thickness of the original. I also compared it to one in a very old NOS IH rebuild kit (one that has not been used) and it is still about twice the thickness. For clarification I've also posted which o-rings I ordered from McMaster Carr. Wish I could figure out where I got the info to order them in the first place, but I can't. Someone please help so I can get the correct ones or hopefully these will still work.

THANKS

RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pictures.....

RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The picture of the specs are hard to see. Sorry about that. Here is that picture again.

Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think you are going to get a round o-ring to fit properly and seal. It needs to be preformed to fit the pump. IMO

RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Phil Tibbetts wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:28:44 12/29/17) I don't think you are going to get a round o-ring to fit properly and seal. It needs to be preformed to fit the pump. IMO

Phil, that oring has a groove it fits in so it should work just fine in that sense. I'm just worried about the thickness

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try ordering by dimensions & get ones that are thinner.

Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Then as Teddy said you must have got the wrong size

RTR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-teddy52food wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:38:21 12/29/17) Try ordering by dimensions & get ones that are thinner.

The online parts book doesn't give deminsions or the standard oring number to go by. That is why I was trying to find the post I found the info in. It had info about the special toothed washer and a replacement inside tooth washer from McMaster Carr. Wish I could find that info. Could have been here or on Farmall Cub dot com

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: SA-140 Hydraulic Pump Body Square O-ring Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AS568-228 ring is 2-1/2" OD X 2-1/4" X 1/8" thick.

If the OD is correct, other off-the-shelf choices would be...

AS568-036, 2-1/2" OD X 2-3/8" ID X 1/16" thick.

AS569-141, 2-1/2" OD X 2-5/16" ID X 3/32" thick.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters