Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jkasper123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Of course there is no rpm display in this machine, I have a hand tach what is it supposed to idle at? Book days 2200 for threshing load. Any help would be great. Seems a little fast 91st idle, thanks all

fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably the best way to check cyl speed is to buy a hand held tachometer, it got a little point[rubber] on it and you hold it up to the shaft when the combine is running the speed it'd going to be. You can use it on the PTO shaft on a tractor also. Just look at your machine, the very center of the shafts go a little hole drilled in the very center !

Jkasper123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I have a hand tach. I'm wanting to know what the machine is supposed to idle at. The book says 2200 at full throttle. But it says nothing about what it is supposed to idle at. Thank you!

jdv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?d say around 600rpm would be about right

fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree 6oo would be good,Sorry i didn't comprehend what i read !

Jkasper123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok cool thanks guys! I'll check it and see were she is . I haven't for into the concaves yet like we talked about before I'll let you know soon

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Low idle speed is not critical as loaded rpm. The lower the idle is the less likely a gas engine will diesel when shut off hot.Set the high no load idle a bit higher ...maybe 50 rpm... than the book says, unless you can thresh something now and it should be OK once you are in the field, as long as the governor is sensitive.

Ben

Jkasper123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Ben!

Princeton Bill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I first read your post I thought when you said machine you were talking about the cylinder speed of the combine not the engine speed. I guess for all of us old guys on here we interpret what we read according to what we think, I. E. If you say machine speed to me I would think of the cylinder speed. Speaking of which when you set it using the hand held tach it is by necessity a ?no load? setting. I hope you don?t think I?m talking down to you, but don?t try and get the tach on the shaft going through the field. My dad used his hand held tach with his E for years and it was plenty good.

Jkasper123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: help, idle rpms for a gleaner c2? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

O no your fine! I'm new to a lot of this and a college educated "kid" by most of your all's standards im sure lol! I'm here to learn and wish I had a mentor close by to teach me. I appreciate all the responses and as my dad always said son I love you but you ask to many questions and your over helpful and underfoot lol! So I will ask a lot of dumb questions and be greatful for your patients and wisdom. I own two combines now and have rain others but really I don't know much!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters