Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

fixing glasses that has fish line to hold lens in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rkh
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: fixing glasses that has fish line to hold lens in Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My aunt has eye glasses that use fish line like that fit in the groove in the middle of the edge of lens. Was wondering if you could put glue in the groove like super glue to hold lens in place?

kris Jensen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: fixing glasses that has fish line to hold lens in Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could probably do that, but why bother.
If you are near a reputable eyeglass place they will do it for
and usually as a customer service for free.
My daughter is an optician for a major eyeglass chain and this kind of
thing is done everyday as a service for their customers. It is usually very easy adjustment.
blessings
Kris

Al Baker(pumpman)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: fixing glasses that has fish line to hold lens in Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wallmart fixed mine for free, Doesn hurt to ask, Al

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: fixing glasses that has fish line to hold lens in Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Walmart fixed that type of glasses for my mother. Her regular optician refused to fix them and insisted she needed to buy new frames. We stopped at Walmart and the old frames were fixed in five minutes while we waited. I forget the cost, but it was very low.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: fixing glasses that has fish line to hold lens in Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could but you could never use the frame again if you wanted to put new lens in them.

Charles in Aus.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: fixing glasses that has fish line to hold lens in Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a pair that constantly lost the lens and almost drove me nuts . In desperation I wiped a very small amount of clear silicon along the bottom of the lens over the ' fishing line ' it never moved again . I only used these in the workshop but I see no reason why the lenses couldn't have been changed if needed .

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters