Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Today's funny

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dcarp
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might need a bigger box.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Smile

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They'res something wrong over their.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, to much slack in that they'r string!

olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Although I Laughed when i saw this,,. Forgive for Being Serious ,,..My fingers are like thumbs , is the the cause for my poor writings . LOL
.In the 5th and 6th grade 6 others and Myself were moved to public school .. We found We were WAY ahead of the others at public school that it amazed the teachers .They saw it immediatly and the principal got involved. .My original 6 classmates got Straight As' in vocabulary , spelling , Math and English, in public school after we were placed there .After having my 1st 4 yrs.of hard work studying being drummed in to me by the good Catholic Nuns. ,They made sure I got it Forward and backward and inside Out , and everything in between , Too ,,,.,. And i Thank them .. The GOOD Public school principal with out fanfare , several times a week would qiuetly take us to the library for advanced reading , because we were bored and sOME OF US,.,( me , were getting in behavior bighead trouble) ,..LOL . He would tailor out books he thought would be of interest To EACH of us and gave us a choice in what to read ...While the rest of the class were being taught stuff we Already Knew ..
they
really took a
nice
interest in
us.
,When i got in trouble for fighting and being called a a .' Lefty Loser "for Losing the ball game when i struck out ,.,.a few days later my principal Had a List of Great Americans and historical world leaders , engineers and inventors ,. He insisted and Made me read about them .. I love the guy for it .. He made Me realize that being left handed was not a curse , rather ,i was blessed with A Great Gift ,.////
. I do feel some of Your Pain for th e above Funny and always Enjoy the Posts , the hum,an factor can not be denied .

Case in point . I got a ticket from Rockyridge a while back for my poor spelling and( puncuation ),.. For good reason , and I DO THANK Him , and i hope he will forgive me for blistering him rite back and have a beer with me someday ,,. i had gotten so sloppy for not going back and spell checking that ,i have gotten to where i could not understand my own post!, and ,i created it !,. LOL ,.. ,Today ,,. i can not figure out the proper way to spell Punctuation ..( My italian born Sara helped Me,.. Somewhere in Heaven there is a Mother Superior smiling down on us , Saying , "Thats My girl", I Taught Her well.),.. It is important that we stay on top of Our spelling and punctuation ,,., I Have read Newspapers and Magazine articles that are Misspelled and poorly framed and written ,,. The !st thing That comes to mind is the author is a idiot and a buffoon,, so, WE Don't WANT That ,..Research ,James Whitcomb Rileys, writing composition Style , He butchered the English language in a delightful way that amused many and made him a fortune back around 1900 .. to copy His type of style was my Defense for my poor writings,.. However if we ALL adopted those sloppy skills We Would be a substandard terrible mess society that needed fixing before good things could happen without wasting time for proper clarification ,,.. That could become our undoing if PUBLIC SCHOOL and the slip shod fabricating media do not improve and strive for excellence in reporting and finding and reporting the truth ..ALL of Us in the general public ,Must strive to do Our best ,..

Gene Dotson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My favorite peeve is the misuse of (I) when it should be (me). Sarah gave John and I a pop sickle is wrong. To test, eliminate the first person or article. Sarah gave I a pop sickle? NO Sarah gave ME a pop sickle!!

See this several times on all sites. Makes me cringe.

Gene

olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

apparantly ,.They are giving us all some Slack . Ultimately that is Not a Good Thing for society IMHO.. i should a put my above post in a new slot ,.. sloppiness breeds sloppiness, and lazy lackluster performance .Though we all feel like the pressure is off when we have a few drinks and we get a free pass for trespassing and being lazy ..in time we all suffer for someone dropping the ball and not staying on target to make sure the goal is reached ... , maybe ,.i am thinking to much?>< ,,LOl,.. it is just a joke , Right ? .

olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gene,thanks for helping me recall that 4th grade lesson ,,. i will add I before E except after C ,.( and There are Exceptions to That Rule ,Too ) Do you want to Host and open a new post and challenge everyone to recall those english and spelling rules.??..I THINK it Would Be Good For everyone ,,. And Who Knows We Might All Be better Improved in our intelligence quotient ../.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Of course, it should be, you"re welcome.....one of the most common mistakes on so many boards. Lose/loose, breath/breathe, etc. Then someone will chime in with, well, as long as I can understand what he"s saying....

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That,and using the word may when you mean might. My third grade teacher pounded that in to our heads every day. May gives permission. I wrote a letter to the editor of the local paper one time because the headline read like somebody had given permission to do something when the text of the article clearly showed that something "might" happen. He wrote me back telling me that some editorial handbook or some such nonsense,said that using may to mean might was perfectly acceptable. Not if you had the third grade teacher that I had it's not!

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-olgentdc wrote:
i will add I before E except after C ,.( and There are Exceptions to That Rule ,Too ).

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Careful now Jim. I posted a link to the annual tongue in cheek list of overused words and phrases Sunday,thinking we could all have a little fun coming up with our own on a cold Sunday afternoon and that whole post went down the tubes in a matter of about two minutes.

Gene Dotson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Possibly a good idea. I believe we could spend a few cold nights with this subject.

Gene

JerryS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Today's funny Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My favorite peeve as well. Most people are guilty of hyper-correctness; they have almost eliminated the use of the word "me" from their speech, always opting for "I". Most have the impression that saying "me" is somehow limited to the ignorant and uneducated. They avoid "me" by saying "myself". Most would cringe at the use of "him and me" in a sentence, thinking it the essence of Billy-Bob-speak, when it is perfectly correct when used as the object of the verb.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters