Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

O.T.Why NO response ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stroby
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good grief, this place is getting more like facebook every day.

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The local dog rescue group is one of those outfits that is beyond reasonable. They will not let a dog go to a home outside the city. There has even been a case of dogs being picked up in the country, turned over to the rescue, and adopted out to a city home, even though they were chipped. The original owners had a heck of a time getting the dogs back.

old popper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

3 1/2 years ago, I went on line looking for a yellow lab rescue dog. I looked at hundreds, decided on one and filled out all the forms, and was rejected also. My daughter found me a yellow female puppy at a breeder about an hour south of Kansas City. They were too high priced for me, but my daughter (the Veterinary) convinced them that I didn't want to raise any pups, just wanted a pet. They came down by 1/3, and I got a puppy.
I don't know what kind of hoops you have to jump through to adopt, but I'm too old to start changing my ways now.

Good luck on finding a companion.

jddrawbar
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use your option to either read or ignore.....Pretty simple.

Glen SW Wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why don't you check with the dog pounds in some of the bigger cities in Wisconsin. Most towns have some kind of animal control officer who could tell you where they put their pickups.
Got one great dog from the Ashland pound. Had him for twelve years. It has gotten to the point where the pounds act like you were acquiring a human child.

Gambles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some rescue shelters would rather put a dog down than to give him up for adoption. Want proof of this?
My co-worker's father-in-law applied to adopt a dog and they turned him down BECAUSE HE WAS 65 YEARS OLD!
They told him that he would probably die before the dog would die and then nobody would take care of the dog.

coonie minnie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's the deal- if you told them you are a farm, they discriminate against you- no BS!

This summer, my cousin's sister in law was helping a German Shepard Rescue in WI. They had a dog that wanted to be outside, and they were trying to peddle it as a lap dog to some old guy. He had the dog a week, and it didn't work out. My cousin said, take the dog to my family's farm- ie, us. We filled out the form, etc. And waited. And were denied. Now we run a decent dairy, have had a lot of cows make over 200k milk lifetime, and had one that held the world record for 9 years, and still holds the US lifetime record- we know a bit about taking care of animals.

Despite all this, and a glowing recommendation from our vet, they didn't want to release the dog to a farm. "They get chained up. You leave it outside." I got kind of hot with the lady, and she relented- I think she was embarrassed, but was following orders.

They need a wakeup call. They ARE descriminating.

Cliff Nelson
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That sounds kind of hinky. My wife volunteers on rescue transports and can find just about any breed you want. I don't remember what part of WI you are in but with the transport network it really doesn't matter. We are southwest of Madison. If you're interested email me and I will send you her phone # so you can tell her what you are looking for. They do home checks or talk to your vet to determine you are a responsible pet owner and not some nut job. Dogs come from high kill shelters in OH and KY and are moved to WI and MN for adoption.

Mark - IN.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Decades ago when I lived in Illinois I bought a scrapper from the Chicago pound on the south side for a lady that I was dating at the time. She couldn't keep him so I ended up with him and she and I went our separate ways. I bought a home out in Romeoville and decided that he needed a partner so I went to a "no kill" suburban place in nearby Downers Grove, found a guy that I figured would work out and picked him. I filled out the paperwork and as I was, the lady interviewing me kept saying that they would prefer that I "crate trained" the dog and locked it inside of a crate when I wasn't home. She kept "suggesting" it and when I told her that I wouldn't lock it up in a crate when I wasn't home, that it would have the run of the house and fenced yard through the same doggy door that my other dog used. Then she told me that since I refused to "crate train" the dog that I couldn't have it. OK, I left. The next day some other lady, a supervisor called me to talk about what happened since the lady I talked to left her report. I told her that I chose a dog, about 80 pounds to go with my dog, about 80 pounds but the lady said that since I refused to crate train the dog instead of letting it have the run of its house and yard that I couldn't have it. She said that the ladt that told me that was wrong and I could have it. I told her that after thinking about it, I decided that they could keep the dog in its "no kill" shelter and that I would go get one from the Chicago pound where they kill animals, dogs that haven't been adopted within 10 days. That weekend I went to the Chicago pound and saved a female lab mix and a beagle from the glue pot. They were great dogs. I've never had a bad dog, all scrappers that no one else wanted. Right now a male lab mix, a female golden mix, and a neapolitan mastiff that was bred and beaten until she couldn't be bred anymore, was dumped, and now has a great home for the first time in her life.

Good luck.

Mark

Billy Shafer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My sister was rejected because the place said. She was not qualified. She is a vet has a clinic in east Texas. A stray was brought in one day. She nursed it back to health and took it.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I my area some shelters are starting to ask what your politics are.

Donald Lehman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are an awful lot of shelters now being run by nutjobs. The shelters were my daughter lives all run security checks on you before you can buy a dog. I have heard of a lot of other silly crap going on where they tell people they can't "adopt a dog for one reason or another. Local dog pound................excuse me............animal "shelter" has gone "no kill" and is run by a bunch of goofballs. They have dogs that have been there for two years or more, can't get rid of them, and won't put them down, and then are constantly begging for donations for food and supplies. AND of course, they won't accept just any dog food donations, noooooooooooooooo, gotta be one of the premium expensive brands....................

I'll shut up now, before I really get going. (chuckle)

tomturkey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A women set up a "no kill" shelter, was taking in dogs and DONATIONS. Just a scam, ended up busting her for animal neglect and fraud I believe. So yes the scammers are out there, trying to get into your wallet thru your heart. gobble

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cant figure out what dog you want. A GSP is a German Shorthaired Pointer. There are nor long haired pointers. There Are WIREHAIRED Pointers (GWP). And then there are the GSD German Shepherds. What are you looking for. I was a pro trainer/breeder of bird dogs for 23 years. Easy to find "pet quality" puppies.

AlinArk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

like a bunch of old ladies on fecebook ...

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters