Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

O.T.Why NO response ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nancy Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where in E. Tx?

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe the people you are talking to just don't have any right now. Then a lot of people are just terrible responding to letters. It might be they would contact you if one became available.

Steamboat
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife and I got snookered into performing an interview for a niece who is on a board of a rescue organization. The questions were so personal and intrusive that I suggested that we should not do this favor for her. They asked what family income was, type of floor covering in house , how many children, et al. I think it would be easier to adopt a child than to go through this process.

Billy Shafer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Over here in Palastine. I should have said western east Texas. Or what ever you call it.

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might get a better response by going to your local shelter in person to see what they have, to let them know what you are looking for, and also to let the shelter see they are dealing with an honest person. Shelters have access to animals from other areas, they might arrange to have an animal shipped in if it is a good match.

Other alternatives are to look on Craig's List for dogs being given up or to consider buying a puppy. Many of the older dogs in shelters or being given up have been poorly trained, neglected or may be abused. Be aware that older dogs are not as trainable as young puppies are.

W_B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Steve@Advance wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:06:07 01/03/1Cool
Last dog I got came from the Humane Society. They did a brief interview, filled out a form, took my money, handed me my dog.

Don't get me started, just went through this when trying to find a Boston Terrier to replace one we lost in February. Same experience but did get some responses, the best were from the county shelters or humane societies. I think only one rescue responded and since they were distant the dogs were adopted locally.

We finally found an 8 yr. old female that was a voluntary surrender from a puppy mill in Amish country (Northeast Ohio). (As an aside I have no love for the Amish in general because of the way they treat animals.) She was at the Humane Society shelter in Licking Cnty. (OH). Awesome place with great staff and volunteers. There were 4 B.T.s that were surrendered and a bunch of Bichon Frise females. This girl was the youngest of the 3 females and the most friendly. When they got her she had weaned off a litter recently and she was in heat and only had 17 teeth, 14 that had to be pulled. Poor thing didn't even have a name, she was just a number. The shelter put the name Elizabeth on her, we call her Lizzy. Good little dog.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters