Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ot. Home owners insurance

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill b va
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Who is a good co. To have your insurance with ? I live in va.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have auto-owners now. They may go by Owners ins co. ? Based in Michigan. Both home and auto. They have been good enough. Got something in the mail yesterday from allstate it is to be 2 hundred cheaper ? I plan on getting a quote from them but don't know how good they are.

Ted in NE-OH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there a place where they rate Insurance companies on ease to deal with, cooperativeness ect. Just because they are cheap doesn't necessarily mean you want them.

da.bees
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-bill b va wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:58:49 01/10/1Cool Who is a good co. To have your insurance with ? I live in va.

Seriously,do you want to reveal your private information to strangers so they can shop for insurance? That's the only way of getting the "BEST" insurance for each individual. For starters you need to post your SS#, any past or pending lawsuits you are party to,type business you are insuring,volume of annual business,# of employees, their driving record if they will operate covered vehicles,past and present insurance policys you have and amount of coverage you would like. That will get things started for occupational liability insurance,homeowners and worker's comp can come later. It would be much better if you talk to agents in person because I figure he will be there for you when YT forum people have long forgot you. BTW,since there are so many different kinds,tell him up front what kind of insurance you are talking about.

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a valid question to ask. Bill b was not asking for a quote, just asking for other people's experiences with different companies. I have never had a homeowners claim, so I can't comment. I have had several
auto claims, I can tell you as their customer USAA has been great for me. I have heard they can be awful if you are the damaged party. I also know from personal experience that if you are claiming against
Farmer's as a non-customer, they are a bunch of pricks. I will never do business with Farmer's. The only information you have to go on from when shopping insurance is the price, unless you ask for other's
experience.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Auto-Owners Insurance

pinball
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would go on the net and search insurance companies for va. each state has its own adjenda on insurance companies. better business burea rates them.

flembo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Amica has been great for me both home and auto. I had a lightning strike a few yrs. ago and Amica was there the next day they found stuff I didn't know that was damaged they paid for every thing. As for auto coverage I had 2 fender benders over the last 15 yrs. and both were taken care of quickly. I highly recommend them.

dpendzic
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had Allstate for over 30 years---have treated me very well on all my claims

David Snipes
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had Farmers Insurance for about 30 years. A couple of years ago I made a claim on wind damage to my roof. They paid up but immediately raised my rates! Consequently, I dropped them after that.

Tony in SD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have several agents come to me with a proposal. I give them some guidelines so the quotes are as close to apples to apples as can be.

DaleinWV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

been with USAA since 1984. Still good for us in WV

DoubleO7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Insurance companies are highly regulated by all states (as far as I know).
Because years ago it was a bunch of shysters and crooks.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

USSA is a big joke! They advertise that if you or your dad was a vet that they would give you a discount. Well my dad spent 4 years oversea during WWII and they wouldn't give me any discounts. The price they quoted me was high than what I was paying.

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Instead of going with a big company that advertises nationally, you might want to check with a local independent agent. Companies like Allstate, Farm Mutual, State Farm, etc., have to pay for all of that advertising somehow.

I had all of our insurance with American Family for years and never gave it a thought. Then when we went to refinance our acreage last spring to get a better interest rate, the people at Wells Fargo were appalled at how much we were paying for insurance. Upshot was, I checked with a very personable young lady at a local independent agency and she got our premiums cut to less than half for the same coverage.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters