Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlneal6180
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Ford 2600 is leaking power steering fluid from under the steering wheel. The steering shaft is pitted just above the upper seal, causing fluid to pass through and exit the top of housing. I see that this is a problem with many different Ford models. So I ordered the Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) from Yesterday's Tractors only to find that the sleeve fits loosely on the shaft. No tapping required to move it into position at all. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Richard

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have not. You might want to call or write YT parts dept.
They may have an answer and are usually quite helpful.

rlneal6180
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Royse, I've done just that, no word yet.

pig9r
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This site won’t let me post the link and you don’t have private messaging enabled - but there is a very helpful tutorial for repairing the steering shaft on the 2600. If you google “steering shaft seal replacement ford 2600” it should pull up a detailed pdf file from another tractor site.

rlneal6180
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi pig9r, thanks for the reply. I downloaded that pdf file before I ordered the repair kit. I've followed the correct procedure. The problem is, the sleeve doesn't fit tightly. In fact it fits loose, very loose. Also, which setting do I change for private messaging? I couldn't find it in my profile settings.

Thanks

rlneal6180
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found where to enable messenger.

BobReeves
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's a Speedi-Sleeve, Return the kit, measure the shaft, order the proper sized Speedi-Sleeve and a new seal.

rlneal6180
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Bob, I didn't realize when ordering that repair kit you had to specify the sleeve size, or did I order the wrong kit?

BobReeves
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, believe only one universal kit available for Ford but you know what universal means.. Don't fit nutten right.

Speedi-Sleeve is the trade name for the shaft repair sleeve in the kit and they can be bought at most large auto supply stores or on-line in almost any size one might need.

rlneal6180
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob, I've found the Speedi-Sleeve info. Once I have an accurate measurement of the steering shaft OD, I'll order one. I've considered replacing the entire shaft but will take more time and money. LOL

Thanks again.

BobReeves
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They can be used to repair almost any shaft that has a rubber seal, used two on the brake cross shaft to fix a leak on my 3600.

After the sleeve is installed the aluminum installation tool supplied makes a great mold for a lead hammer.

rlneal6180
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob, what am I looking at, a Speedi-Sleeve?
I got a measurement......shafts OD. = 22.18mm sleeve I'D =22.07mm. The sleeve is from the repair kit.

BobReeves
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are looking at what I did with the aluminum installation tool that comes with all Speedi-sleeves, just threw it in in case you or someone else wanted to repurpose the aluminum..

From your measurements the sleeve you have should work, shaft is 0.11 mm larger than the ID of the sleeve?

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rlneal6180 wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:02:06 01/16/1Cool
I got a measurement......shafts OD. = 22.18mm sleeve I'D =22.07mm. The sleeve is from the repair kit.

Is the sleeve ID from what you measured, or just what the package says? If those are both true measurements, then I don't see how the sleeve could be loose on the shaft.

rlneal6180
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Steering Shaft Repair Kit (SRK632AA) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Sean, the measurement is from the sleeve. The kit doesn't give the sleeve's size. Regardless of my measurement, the sleeve slides up and down the shaft with ease.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters