Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rininger85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tall T wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:30:15 02/11/1Cool Rin,

Now all you have to do it call your tractor an NAA
and everyone here instantly knows it's a '54 !

If you said NAA Jubilee it would be a toss up

Good thing you threw in the "1954" to cinch the matter. Razz

T

I thought the 53 was the "Golden Jubilee", 54 is just "Jubilee" because it doesn't have the gold badge on the front but still has grey/silver badge...?

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"I thought the 53 was the "Golden Jubilee", 54 is just "Jubilee""

Both are model NAA. The '53 was the "Golden Jubilee" to celebrate
Ford's 50th anniversary. The '54 was not a "Jubilee" at all. Just an NAA.
Same tractors either way, with minor differences on the early '53's.

rininger85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bad news. I got the cover off the timing gear finally. Shattered gear. Worse news, there is a crack in the cam shaft at the back of the woodruff key slot that goes back to the cam bearing. Plus broke the cam bearing thrust plate (?) And front of woodruff key slot has two cracks, small piece of metal I can move by hand.

Looking like this old girl might be in for a total overhaul since the cam shaft probably needs replaced.

rininger85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not having any luck uploading photos[/img]

rininger85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case dealerships handle Ford tractor work now right? I don't know if I want to tackle a full rebuild with everything else I have going on this summer seems how it took me so long just to get this torn apart to see what was wrong with it.

rininger85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pictures must be too big I resized now they seem to work...

My initial disgust...

Broken thrust plate (?)

Gear removed

Thrust plate remove, two cracks at front of woodruff slot, one at back goes back towards cam bearing

Missing a couple teeth on crankshaft

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rininger85 wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:58:23 06/23/1Cool
Case dealerships handle Ford tractor work now right? I don't know if I want to tackle a full rebuild with everything else I have going on this summer seems how it took me so long just to get this torn apart to see what was wrong with it.

I would not take something old like that to a dealer.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located rininger85?
I have a NAA engine that was running but had a bad crank so it
knocked badly. Crank, pistons and head have been removed but
the camshaft and gears are still in it. I haven't inspected them yet,
but if you're close to me I could pull them and see if they'd work
for you. I'm in Michigan.

rininger85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse I'm in Eaton Rapids / Charlotte area, just south of Lansing so I'm probably within an hour of Ionia. If you can take a look and see if they are still in good shape I'd gladly work something out to come buy them from you.

I am a little I'll equipped to work on this sort of stuff at home. It took me this long because I was worried about doing something stupid and getting hurt since I don't have proper equipment to use for lifting this old girl... Just about lost her off the jack today when I was trying to put the axle back on for safety once I got the pull I needed off the front. Got her blocked up better now so hopefully won't have that issue again. Pulled the fuel tank off so I can get to the top of the engine and have the oil pan off. Looks good other than the front of the cam issues from what I'm seeing.

Is there a way to remove the cam without completely breaking the engine down or do I need to pull the crank to get the cam out? Easiest to just pull the engine out and work on a bench?

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, you're within an hour of my house, give or take a couple minutes.
To me, it's easiest to put it on an engine stand and work on it.
I'm not saying it can't be done otherwise, just easier for me.
I'll get that engine out of the shed and take a look, I need another part
off it anyways, but it may take me a couple weeks with the 4th coming up.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, it was a good thought, and it might have been good since the
block still had oil and antifreeze in it, but I broke it pulling the gear.

rininger85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oops! Oh well, we can get one elsewhere. Is that thrust plate still in good shape that I could buy that off you? My dad is finding gears and a cam we can get online but not finding the thrust plate.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rininger85 wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:25:02 07/07/1Cool
Oops! Oh well, we can get one elsewhere. Is that thrust plate still in good shape that I could buy that off you? My dad is finding gears and a cam we can get online but not finding the thrust plate.

Thrust plate is good and I’m pretty sure I have a new cam gear here as well.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:51:44 07/07/1Cool
rininger85 wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:25:02 07/07/1Cool

Thrust plate is good and I’m pretty sure I have a new cam gear here as well.

I got that cam gear out and looked, it is not for a NAA so it won't help you.

rininger85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1954 Ford NAA Jubilee died need help Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a cam and both cam and crank gears here now. All I need now is the thrust plate. I'll send you a PM.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters