Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TD-6 CRAWLER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
henhawk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a TD 6 crawler with a gas engine. Which Farmall tractor has the same engine. Is it the M or H or something else.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The "M"

Oldiron29
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

M would be gas! MD would be diesel!

Cory Schmidt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

M or W6...we put an engine out of a w6 in our T6. if looking to swap out... need the crawlers mounting plates/brackets, oil pan and pump(crawler has extra baffle and pick up), and governor/ throttle linkage. I think that's all.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TD 6 is a gas over diesel engine unit so you do not have a TD-6 you have a T-6. As said same as an M engine. The TD-6 same as the MD engine

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Depending on the year will dictate what engine , Now if it is a diesel if it was made before say 53 /52 it would be a 248 cu in engine and when the super M's came out with the bigger engine then it would be the 264 engine , Now the old 248 could have been rebuilt to the 264 cu. in. , Now if it was a 264 and had been rebuilt it now could be the same as came in the 450 tractors and is now a 281 Cu in. engine . But if it is a late model TD 6 it will have the same engine as the 460-560 tractors now as to the Cu. in . on them i am not sure as i am not into the crawlers and shy away from working on them because i had my fill in my youth working on heavy equipment . So on the late ones it could be the 236 or the 282 .

Dennis K (WA)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

T6 with C248 also has a mechanical fuel pump that runs off the camshaft. The M engine does not have that available in the block. An electric pump could be used instead I suppose.
Dennis

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I were you I would get the serial number and do a little research to see what tractor it actually is and what year it was made. If it turns out it is a T-6 then OK but if it is actually a TD-6 then you might want to have a second look at that engine because it should be a diesel. If it is gas then get the engine info and see what the engine is from. That will give you your answer. The TD-6 sitting out on my driveway right now has an engine that LOOKS like a gas engine if you are standing on the right side but move around to the left side and you find all the diesel components. Mine busted a connecting rod and I am going to go broke doing the repairs I bet. I don't much care about the money within reason. I just like to fix stuff. Smile

RBoots
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dave, my offer still stands. Let me know when you're ready to work on it and I'll send you a rod and a piston. I only have 3-7/8" pistons though. I have a bunch of other D248 stuff too.

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Ross! With all that goes on around here I had forgotten. I will put a copy of this in my folder for the TD-6 to help me remember. That tractor has been waiting for me to get to it for 5 years or more. Every year I would say that THIS was gonna be the year...then something hits the fan and I am off somewhere else. I have to winch it onto a trailer and take it to the farm this summer because I am looking to sell my house here. May take me a couple more years to get to it as I want to pour a floor in the shed before I put it in there and I am going to build a second house our there. Daughter has her eyes on the old farmhouse. As soon as I can get it into the equipment shed I will start looking at it more seriously.

GregtheDC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: TD-6 CRAWLER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LIke the others it's a gas engine, I have one in my shop I just completed the restoration on. I don't have the original mechanical fuel pump, have an electric one mounted on firewall that works fine.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters