Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Plow seat Bracket

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Plow seat Bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:27:39 02/08/1Cool You've got to have an extra seat and spring around, no?
Maybe heat the spring and twist it to your liking.
Two nuts to swap back to an original seat/spring for other jobs.
Another idea. Good or bad.

It ain't rocket science - four 3" lengths of light gauge angle, six hex bolts, four nuts, and a drill. Put it under the seat spring base and be done. Field adjustable with a wrench or get fancy and use a couple hand wheels/levers for the pivot clamps. Should take about 30 minutes start to finish. Down side is it raises the seat a couple inches which some people would consider a plus Wink

TOH

carpetfarmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Plow seat Bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you feel up for a little more of a project and something to ponder on for a bit I would suggest making some sort of lever/linkage type mechanism that just cams over and locks in to raise/lower the seat. Like a chain binder/boomer or a latch. That way you have a flat seat for normal use then just lift your weight off the seat, flip the lever over to the other position and you have a plow seat...no tools needed to adjust. Clear as mud???

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Plow seat Bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. Still a couple of month away so plenty of time to fab up something. Right now got to finish painting the house to keep my wife happy. The 20' ceilings are killing me. Be glad when it's done.

kirk

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Plow seat Bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A modification I did to a new transmission jack I brought it tilts front to back but not left to right. This is the tilt function I added to it to be able to tilt front to back and side to side. I will try and get a pix of the complete assy later today. In my case it added no additional height but would add 2 to 2 1/2" to a N seat. It would be adjustable with a threaded rod Smile...

If any of y'all have a transmission jack that only adjust one way this will make it adjustable both ways. This is my first one so I had to guess and sim on the center piece it works great.... Why the manufacture did not add this I dunno, its a must have on a transmission jack in my opinion.

Weld are bolt Mount original seat mount to a (guess) 10X10 1/4" steel plate the original bracket inline with the 2 triangle pieces in the pix, add a couple short pieces to each side of the plat so you cab run threaded rod thru the shorts and thu the center adjuster on the plate. You are done Smile how technical you want to get on the slop is your call this one rocks very little that's because I allowed for some slop in the center rocker so it would be free and not in a bind. After doing this I could nail the next one rat damm close... That short piece of pipe on the bottom of the center rocker it the BIG TIP it allows the center rocker to float as you adjust it...

If height is a problem you don't have to use the original seat spring Wink

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Plow seat Bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK belly full and newspaper read...

The board on top will be your seat bracket.

I added a extra plate to the top one 1/4 plate is not strong enoufh for a heavy trans it needs to be 3/8" at the least. I made the brackets to fit the oil pan also some are pointed down just for storage one is up for the pix... I forgot to angle it and get a pix may just do'dat...

Pix 4 shows the original rollers the top slid on it would move left to right but not tilt Sad

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Plow seat Bracket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

More more more

It has 15 degrees of tilt more than you would need on a transmission jack but what I would think what you would be shooting for...

Lets talk about this little devil its not a stop its a bushing I originally tacked welded it in place as I moved on and kept modifying and drilling holes in the top to add/bolt stuff to I pined it to the rod because the adjuster rod has to come out the threads are larger then the rod... The other end is captured you will see this in the pix's...

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters