Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Looking for what a tractor is worth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbthefirst
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking at a 1972 International Cub. It comes with disc, harrow, belly mower, and snow plow. I haven't seen it yet. I was told it runs but probably needs a battery. It had new points installed last year. What is it worth?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With out more info and pictures that is a hard one to say. It could run and smoke like a freight train and have bad tires so not worth much or it could have real good tires and run like a top and be worth a lot.

C.Amick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I good condition $2,500.

Brendon-KS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd throw out the range of anywhere between $1000 and $3000, all depending on condition. If the
implements are all in nice, usable shape they could be worth quite a bit just by themselves. But,
if they're all trashed they're worth their weight in scrap. Same thing with the tractor. If it
looks like its seen a hard life it might be worth $1000 at best, even if it runs, but a nice-
looking, well-maintained Cub would be worth double that. The single-point hitch option adds to the
value.

pinball
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First thing you need to ask your self what are you going to need it for. they have gone down in price like a lot of old tractors. they are a good little tractor if there used what there intended to do. really cute to see one all fixed up at shows. personally if the tractor starts easy and runs good, all sheet metal present and looks nice not dented up, nice tires, all equipment okay I would ask around 2500 for it if were mine. I can always go down if its slow selling. location will make a difference. from my area I would say 1800. just my thought. 6/7 years ago maybe 3500 but times has changed. look it over careful though. any oil leaks can be expensive to fix.

Moonlite37
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do not intend to be a wise guy, but all are overpriced by about what they are worth. I sold mine for a third what I had in it and was happy to see it go. A super A sells as low and is a far better tractor and just as maneuverable. I think the turning radius is just a bit more. More horsepower, fuel consumption perhaps not an issue. The maintenance will be far less with a super A. I had 13 tractors now have nine after selling Cub, H,Sc and one M= II still have a super A and plan to make a B

jsfarmall
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would say if everything is good to hook
up and go to work including the tractor
and tires hold air, the 2500 range is fair
price. Only implement that is actually
"valuable" is the disc if it's a tandem
disc. All the implements have value for
sure but not as much as you would think.
There are lots of mowers, snow plows, and
harrows out there but are great to have if
you got a tractor. The 70s cubs are higher
in value. So I would say anything below
2500 is a deal and anything above is a
little pricey. 10 years ago price would be
much higher. Location does play a big
factor especially with implements. Here a
blade is worth 300 or more. But very few
here where up north they are a dime a
dozen.

Denny ('60 Lo-Boy)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rbthefirst wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:32:47 02/08/1Cool I am looking at a 1972 International Cub. It comes with disc, harrow, belly mower, and snow plow. I haven't seen it yet. I was told it runs but probably needs a battery. It had new points installed last year. What is it worth?

What is the asking price?

hd6gtom
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for what a tractor is worth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As I stated before a guy at work bought 1 with a front snow plow for $750.00 had good tires and ran well.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters