Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Which will be cheaper?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fly tractor-trailer tank transporters in from Afghanistan Germany and Iraq to haul the tanks from Texas to DC or just bring all of the C-17s in and fly them all? Keeping in mind that there need to be more Abrams tanks on Pennsylvania Ave. than either North Korea or France have had in their parades.

coonie minnie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Everbody's always known we have a lot of stuff... we haven't had to show it off. I'm not a fan of doing it now, either. To me it shows a lack of confidence, and is not a show of confidence.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree...dumbest thing I've heard of.

hadley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe I have been living under a rock the last couple of days, but what are you guys talking about? I hadn't heard anything about it.

fred goodrich
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The President wants to have a parade honoring the armed services and the parade including them.

hadley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So we can look like North korea? WTH

Crazy Horse
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, DT avoided close-up contact with such machinery 50 years ago ....... so now he wants to see what he missed as a young man !!

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hire private heavy haulers to move them.
Even if you flew the tanks in, you would
still need to get them from the airport to
the parade route.

Ever seen the move in/out process of a
construction/heavy equipment expo? A bunch
of tanks should be easy.

I guess conservative doesn't apply to
making a show.

wanabefarmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look who's idea it was what do you expect but dumb

rgrimard
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perfect comment Crazy Horse you Nailed it!.

Craig45
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wish I was still in uniform, there would be one heck of a party after that parade.

Bob in wc Ia.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Speak softly and carry a big stick". T.R.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is enough military equipment within 100 miles of DC to have any type of parade they want to have and I think its a great idea to honor the military for a change.Those that
don't like it can always stay home that day and take Mike Tyson's sage advice.

Andy Martin
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a railroad job.

Seems it takes quirky thinking to get NK to want to play nice with SK. I don't think that was going to happen under HC.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Which will be cheaper? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They move equipment all over constantly.
Why would it be more or less expensive for
this than any other place? As far as
needing that equipment for an actual fight
in this country, it's more likely to be
needed in the cities than in the plains
somewhere. That makes this great practice.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters