Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Info and opinion on older Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maverick302
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Info and opinion on older Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am generally the type that likes to thoroughly research and make an educated and confident decision on a purchase such as this, but circumstances require I forego my methods and work with what I'm given. Long story short, I have the opportunity to buy the tractor shown below from someone whom I (and my father) have done work for in the past. He knows nothing about it, even though he recently spent a couple grand restoring it. I had to do a reverse google image search just to find out it was a Case.

It looks really nice in the pictures, but it's obviously been repainted, so it might be a cherry, or it could be a trash heap that's been freshened up.

It is currently at his getaway house in the mountains, about 3 hrs away. We are going to make a weekend trip up to check it out, but since I don't know what model it is, or even if it's gas or diesel, can anyone give any insight at all into what I am looking at? What should I be looking for? Any questions I could try to ask him? Any thoughts on the value?

Thanks in advance.

Crazy Horse
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Info and opinion on older Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Reading your story and looking at the pics (sorry, no idea of value), it looks like a nice, well-cared for tractor. Not much more to add
except I would guess it is a diesel. Someone else here will give you a lot better info for sure.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Info and opinion on older Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should post this down on the case
forum, lots of experts there that could
likely give you a good answer. With 3 point
rather than eagle hitch, assuming that is
factory, that would make it a 430 o r maybe
530. 3pt came later in the 30 series
production, but it does not have the latest
steering and front axle setup so not a real
late 30 series. There are so many
transmission options on those that can make
a difference in value. Being a gas or
diesel will make a difference too. But if
it runs good and tires are not rotten the
price should start at 3k and go up from
there.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Info and opinion on older Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has 530 fenders

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Info and opinion on older Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a handy utility tractor and it does have the weights you need with the loader so that is a plus. I do not know Case so that is all I can say.

RedMF40
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Info and opinion on older Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He knows nothing about it, even though he recently spent a couple grand restoring it...

Why does he know so little about it? At very least he should be able to show some receipts for work/Parts.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Info and opinion on older Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check for welds on the loader frame ,front axle, and anywhere else they shouldn't be. I agree with should have some papers for parts bought or other work hired out on it.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Info and opinion on older Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a 530 Case. Fine example of a solid American made tractor. If the price seems reasonable and it's running decent I wouldn't be at all scared.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters