Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Yet another tool. Breast drill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Yet another tool. Breast drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These were mentioned yesterday.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Yet another tool. Breast drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm still thinking about where my breast drill is. Here is my little eggbeater drill.
Loren

flembo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Yet another tool. Breast drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I broke a bone in my hand when I was young the Doctor used a drill similar but made of stainless steel. After setting the bone he drilled in up the center then drove a pin in with a small stainless ball peen hammer. I remember the nurse holding my hand still while he did it. He gave me a xray picture and I took it to school for show and tell while my hand was in a cast.

Moonlite37
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Yet another tool. Breast drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One on right is a Stanley Handyman. I still have one from my sheetmetal days hanging duct and gutters, This was before cordless drills and the boss told me I needed a little "egg beatter", he went on that I could have the job done before I could get the extension cords out. I ignored his advice and waited until I did my own job and had hired my old boss who told me to buy one and then bought the Stanley Handyman I still have.

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Yet another tool. Breast drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think only the two on the left are actual breast drills. They have the breast pads on them. I am thinking I can find Granddaddy's down in Daddy's wood shop (Been hanging on the wall for years.) and I have one about like it in my shop, but needs a handle made.
I get one of them out occasionally when I'm working on gates. And the Brace and the bits that go with it. The batteries are usually dead in the battery drill.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Yet another tool. Breast drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is one at my flea market. Was around $25.oo. YES I bought it. In very nice shape. About late summer last year.

gtractorfan
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Yet another tool. Breast drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know if any of the ones shown have two gear ratios like this one. Someone was thinking when they designed it, turn the knob it shifts from one set of gears to the other.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters