Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Sad News

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All things must pass -George Harrison said it best. Sadly, Jon Smith has decided to call it quits and no longer has his Ford N-Series Tractor web site up. Due to some health issues, lack of interest in N-Tractors, and lack of funding, he has decided not to renew his web account. It has been running for over 20 years now. His used part business had been funding the account but even that has slowed to a standstill in the past few years. His Tractor ID/HISTORY forum was very informative and will be missed. Good luck and God Bless, John.

Tim Daley(MI)

NY 986
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe some younger guy will pick up where the previous one stopped. Unfortunately, there is no stopping the shift in the market away from the 1940's and 1950's tractors regardless of the brand.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SAD, but not entirely the end of it. Likely it will survive on "The Wayback Machine" for quite some time into the future.
WAY back

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Bob, I just bookmarked that.

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is already being discussed with the admins on the other site to take it over.

Tim Daley(MI)

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is sad news, indeed. My wife and I were just talking this morning about how it seems like the last decade has not been kind to these tractors.

Maintaining a domain and a site isn't all that expensive and his site is an invaluable resource. I would be willing to contribute on an annual basis to keep the site going for our community. Please let me know if that might work. My email is open.

Colin, MN

Greg NE
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I to am sorry to hear this news! Always checked his site from time to time to check on different things and even tho I never bought anything from him I liked to check out what he had available, always figured one of these days when one of my select o speed input shafts gave up the ghost I would be getting one of his that was ready to install!! Hope his health troubles aren't too bad to keep him from enjoying giving some of his tractors a little exercise from time to time! Greg NE

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you John for all you devotion to these tractors and for being such a source of unquestionable knowledge. I especially enjoyed your tool making. At least close, "there is a tool inside every old axle, just waiting to be carved out". Smile

allenlane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Bob for posting. Lots of good info on that site. Very nice resto on that mower tractor.

Greg (2N) TX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John is a great asset to the community.
He watched out for a combo auxiliary transmission for me for a couple of years and he never forgot about me.
He boxed it up in a wood crate and shipped it in perfect condition rebuilt and with extra shims.
Man that is dedication!
Hats off to him, now my 2N is a beast.
I like being able to use the post hole digger with the low range among many other things.
Thanks John,
Greg

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Almost every Ford tractor I've ever owned had parts on it that I
bought from John. Whether they were purposely bought for it or
swapped around later. Those parts have been a blessing.

Not nearly the blessing his knowledge and willingness to help has been though.
Hosting the website would be a great continuation of his knowledge.
It pales in comparison to thinking John won't be helping us though.
Just this past Saturday he helped me with questions I had on a
Hupp transmission. Without even telling me how dumb I was! LOL

Thanks John, I hope everything works out well for you.

WW2N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I too was helped by John and he treated me like I was the only person he was dealing with even though he may have answered the same question 5 or 6 times that week. Also bought parts as I am a purest on my trailer Queens. I sent many a new bee to his site. Thanks John.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:13:33 02/14/1Cool Thank you John for all you devotion to these tractors and for being such a source of unquestionable knowledge. I especially enjoyed your tool making. At least close, "there is a tool inside every old axle, just waiting to be carved out". Smile

John Smith AKA 007,,,, No body does it better....

John in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John is the gentleman consume. I have had the fortunate opportunity to purchase parts from John, to meet him at several Ford shows AND to meet with him to visit Dwight Enstrom at Dwight's private museum. I, too, have saved the website address. Thank you, John.

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad News Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ditto all the above. I have several components on my N from John, who lives about a half-hour from me. I'm still envious of his shop!

At some point, our Ns will indeed become rare due to lack of parts availability and attrition and it will be rare to see one turning dirt. Hopefully that's not for a loooong time yet.

es

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters