Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Saw my first MF180 today.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C.Amick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never seen a Massey Ferguson 180 before. It is a narrow front diesel with around 7,500 hours on it. Saw it on a used equipment lot with the exhaust uncovered.

Brendon Warren
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where? I've got a pair of 180s but haven't seen a narrow front. Id sure like one.

C.Amick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neat looking tractor. It's in Radford, Virginia near I-81. Don't know what the price was. Rear tires have a little tread left, but they look weathered.

Brendon Warren
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too far for me. I'm on the other end. Where I81 starts at the Canadian border.

C.Amick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too bad. Looks like it has been sitting there for a while. I would be afraid that water has gotten into an engine cylinder, frozen and broken a sleeve. Does it share the same engine with any other models? I have mostly seen only 135's, 150's, 165's.and maybe a 175.

Brendon Warren
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes. It is the same motor as the 175 and some others. AD4-236.

RandyB(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From what I understand it is just the row crop version of the 175 utility. Operator platform and taller tires.

acadam20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Narrow fronts are hard to find from what I'm told. I like my 180 a lot better than the 165, 175, etc. It has the maneuverability of the 165, 175, etc but with the comforts of a larger tractor (platform, shift on the console, etc).

fred goodrich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's another one

fred goodrich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lost the picture

C.Amick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Saw my first MF180 today. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That one looks too nice to use.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters