Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD720
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I m just really getting started looking at utility vehicles I ve been getting by with a now 17 yr old 4 wheeler for many years. I really don t want one that goes over 30 mph because of the kids using it. I really like the Kubota Rtv 900 but the price is just more than I want to spend. Just curious what some of you have that have held up well. Some I m thinking of are the Kubota RTV 500, The Kawasaki Mule SX, Gator XUV 620. Maybe there are some m overlooking. I definitely want fuel injection on a gas model. I d like to stay under $8500 if I can. Thanks

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't go wrong with a Kubota. Every farm sale seems to have one. They'll have junk equipment, but always a shiny new Kubota RTV.

I sat in a couple of Mules. Not enough leg room. Smashed a kidney trying to get out.

gmccool
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had tremendous good luck with 3 Polaris Rangers. I am so happy with all aspects of these machines.

grizz02
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Polaris ranger good cab room 🛴

JD Farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GATOR......Kubota's aren't wide enough stance if you are around any hilly ground. I have 1100 hrs. on my XUV 850D and use it almost every day, hauling firewood and building fence.

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an '05 Mule- the smaller one that can go through a 4' gate- and it has been bullet proof. Good little buggy....

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Expensive an wee little beds that don't haul much. Mom bought an old 4x4 dodge Dakota to use !

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is not any RTV that kids should be allowed to ride where is your thinking. There is even a sticker on them saying the same thing

Dan in North Houston
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have the diesel Kawasaki Mule 4 seater, have had it about 5 years now. We only get out to the ranch on weekends, and there are no kids joy-riding around in it, but yet it has over 900 miles on it. Yes, it was expensive and I could have gotten an old small 4WD pickup for 1/3 the price, but it is small enough to be easily maneuverable, and with no doors, easy to get in and out of. More importantly, my wife likes it and is comfortable driving it.
We went with diesel since all of the tractors are diesel. It's been no trouble so far.

bmiller36
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 620i xuv gator a 2010 model with the Kawasaki engine 700 hrs a great machine. also its holds its value like all jd products. My neighbor has a kubouta and likes it so I think either one you would be happy with. Bob

CaseChev
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still love my 1953 Willys CJ3B....and for lots less $$$.....and has a winch on the front and a PTO with optional belt pulley on the back. I love my old stuff !

charlie n
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've had a Kubota 500 for 8 years and not one bit of trouble. Use it everyday. Bench seat works best for use.The best thing I like is no belts to break. Oldest son has a 900 Polaris. PITA to get in and out of. Good Luck.

dpendzic
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't get it?? My grandson has been running my Cat dozers since he was 12!---it all depends on the child and what he/she has been taught!

Married2Allis
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have to laugh at the local Tractor Supply that had some off-brand UTV sitting out front for months with a SALE sign on it at over $8000 with a tiny cargo area -- when most of the people shopping there pull up in vehicles worth a fraction of that.

TimV
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've got two Gator 825's in the family and they've became the go-to vehicle for all sorts of chores. They've more maneuverable than a tractor and trailer, can get into tighter spots than a pickup, and are much easier to load and unload than a truck for things like bringing firewood from the drying pile to the inside piles meant for winter burning. With, of course, proper supervision and in good conditions, they're also a great learning tool for teaching kids to drive--easy to get in and out of, a bench seat for comfort, much more stable than an ATV with roll protection and seat belts, a low range and gas-and-go controls--no clutching or shifting, and the bench seat allows an adult to be right there next to them. Obviously some intelligence on the part of the adults is called for in determining the responsibility level, but most farm kids are driving power equipment of some variation long before they're old enough for a driver's license and a side-by-side is one of the best ways of instilling good habits early. No experience with Kubota side my sides but there seem to be a lot of them around and the people I know that have them have been satisfied. Make sure you have a good dealer nearby--like anything, you'll need consumables quickly and parts eventually, and I know a few people who have been penny wise and pound foolish by buying an off-brand cheapie and then being stuck with it when something breaks and they can't get parts.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters